XCI.

(Jay's POV)

I never would've thought that it would have come down to this. The person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with fed me lies. I ate those lies everyday. I never wanted to see another meal. All of the thoughts that derived in my mind. All of the rumors I heard. I tried to dust it all under the carpet.

But, everything from the darkness comes to light. If you never show your true colors they will one day shine bright.

Sitting on the airplane as it ascended into the air made me think back on the moment that officially changed my life.

"Wassup Chicago?" I looked up and saw Chris walking out the door smiling at me.

"Ok... Hey and my name is not Chicago." I said locking my phone.

"When are gonna tell me your name?" He asked walking close to me.

"It's Jay... My name is Jay." I said looking up as he towered over me.

"Alright Jay... Where you headed?" He asked as I tried to gather up my response.

"W-well I was going inside."

"W-well I was going to go out to grab some food. Wanna join?" He asked laughing and mocking me from when I stuttered.

The moment I stepped into his car, I never would've known that we would come this far. Stepping into an everlasting bliss of adventure, love, and hesitation.

"Chris are you seeing anyone?"

"Only person I'm seeing right now is you."

"Chris I'm serious... If you already have another girl in mind or if there is someone else, I don't want to intrude." I said turning to look at him.

"Jay... I have my eyes on you right now... If there's not a problem with that, I'd like for it to stay that way baby girl."

He showed me the world. He gave me the world. He embraced my flaws and imperfections. Seeing his golden complexion with ink running along his arms... to the tiny freckles plastered on his face. His masculine scent... to the way he spoke to me and uttered my name. It was all mine until he gave it away to another broad.

Who would even think that we would be over.... it was supposed to be us till the end. We were supposed to be the ones to win. As I looked out the window, a tear rolled down my cheek as I closed my eyes.

Christopher Maurice Brown was supposed to be the one for me. But, instead he had his own agenda apparently.

"I love you" He said smiling and going back to sleep.

"I love you too." I said snuggling my nose into his chest.

Stupid freakin lies man. The only thing is I meant what I said. I loved Chris with everything that was in me. Who am I kidding... I still love him now despite everything that's taken place. I just wish that he could've done things differently. I plugged in my headphones and "Remember" by my girl Jhene came on as I reminisced on that moment....

(Hours before @ 7:10)

"Bestieeeee I think we should go get breakfast after this." Q said as I was waddling around to my seat.