XLI.

"Girl so you mean to tell me, that you told Jacob where I was?" I asked Shay as she picked me up from the restaurant.

"Listen... I know what you're thinking, but aren't you guys friends now?" She asked with a big smile on her face.

I guess she was right. Jacob and I talked about everything that happened and he explained himself. So, I told him that we could be cool ya know? I know he broke my heart, and even though I'm still upset at Aug, I remember he said you can't build a future if you always live in the past. So, we exchanged numbers and we are going to continue a friendship.

He already knew that I wasn't gonna take him back, so he didn't even open up that door.

"Yeah you're right... But you could've called me and told me something. That's why you haven't been talking to me?" I asked looking at her while she was driving.

"Yeah I was kinda trying to put this together cause he was real genuine. How did he find you?"

"He said he always comes to the beach and he said I looked familiar and he noticed that it was me."

"Yeah, I told him that every once in a while, you take a run along the beach so...... I'm glad that you guys are cool!" She said laughing. I had to laugh to because she helped me repatch a broken piece of my heart. She helped me get closure.

"So... We gotta go somewhere." She said looking at me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I found out about Chris' ex from her social media. She be all on his tip like that was her man. So, I thought that y'all was still together. Then, she made a post to snapchat. I added her so I could be nosey and see what she was doing. So today she made a snap sayin something about somethings just aren't meant to be... Too bad they broke up.. Now he has nobody but me."

"She is so freakin delusional. I barely know her and she doing all of this. Chris is not going back to her. I hope she knows that. He's been blowing up my phone all night." I said rolling my eyes.

"Thats why me and you are gonna make a little trip." She said grabbing her knife from the glove compartment.

"Ummmm Shay what the heck are you doing? Focus on the road." I asked while laughing hysterically.

"She think she bouta get away with this? Hurting my bffff since high school? She got another thing coming." She said pulling into a parking garage.

"Shay where are we?"

"There go that hoe's car right there. I did some lurking and some research and we gone get payback. As a matter of fact, I'll do majority of the work cause she gone suspect you did it. But, I'm gonna do most of the damage. Here put the mask on." She said handing me a mask and grabbing her bat from the back seat.

I could not stop laughing. She was so funny man. She stepped out of the car and she put her mask on. I stepped out the car with my ski mask on. She had on a freakin batman mask on.

"Nigga you think you batman or something?" I said aloud making her laugh.

"Today I am." She said taking the knife and slashing her tires.

"I don't wanna hit the car with the bat. How about we just stick with the tire slashing."

"Jay stop being a punk and do what you gotta do! Handle yo business sister...." She said finishing the tires.

"Aye.... I got something even better. You still any jolly ranchers in your car?" I asked putting the bat in the backseat.

"Yeah look in the middle part." I grabbed two jolly ranchers. I sucked on one and I handed Shay the other one.