LXXIX.

"Ayeeeeeee where you been at boa?" Deja asked as I gave her a hug.

(Deja in MM)

She was one of the "homies" from the block. She graduated outta high school and she been out here ever since. She's really smart, but she couldn't afford to go to college. This was one of my bros.

"I been out doin big things g... Wassup wit you?" I asked as the crew surrounded me.

"Aw so you ain't gone be polite?" Red asked as I understood his request.

"Ohhhh my bad, Deja this is Red, Q, and AJ. You guys, this is Deja. Deja you already kno Pryce and my brother." I said as they all greeted each other.

"Of course I know big bro and lil bro. I been keeping Pryce outta trouble and when Tae was here, me and him was getting into trouble." She said as we all laughed hysterically.

"So, you weren't behaving yourself?" I turned to ask my brother.

"So, you see what had happened was...."
He said as he looked the other way.

"Yeah yeah whatever.... Y'all like Chicago?" Deja asked the crew.

"I mean, I only been here a couple of hours... It seems ight to me." Red said scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah I like it, but my bestie gone show us more while we here. You taking us downtown and stuff right?" Q asked as he came to stand next to me.

"Yeah, after the gathering for Tae and Pryce, we gone chill downtown." I said patting his head. Red and A.J shook their head up and down agreeing.

"Aye, Durk and Herb said they comin out to the house tomorrow too. The whole block bouta be at y'all crib." She said as we all shared a laugh.

"Merch Durk coming out too... Herb told me he was coming. It's gone be funnnnn." I said getting excited.

Everybody and they mamas gone be out here. I miss those days. I'm so happy to be back home for a while. I grew up with these people.

"Girlll yeahhhh.... I missed you... You ain't hit me up when you left. I missed the days the whole block would be out all night."
Deja said shaking her head.

"I knowww... Even though I was little, y'all still let me hang." Pryce said chuckling.

"Awnnnn Pryce was a little baby." AJ said in a baby voice and pinching his cheek.

"Ayeeee come on nowwww." He said groaning and pushing her away. It was funny to see them fighting.

"So, girl you ain't tell me bout this wedding that's supposed to be coming up? Wassup witcha man? When I found out you was wit CB, in my head I'm like, its instantly bussin bro." She said laughing. I had to laugh along and Tae & Pryce joined because the crew was confused.

"Sorry, it's the Chicago lingo guys." I said shaking my head.

But, Q gave me a certain look because of the talk we had about Chris and me with the wedding.

"Yeah, we working on it." I said giving a fake smile.

"I heard the song him and Rihanna put out and it's called Birthday cake. The beat go crazy man. But, ain't CB bouta drop an album?"

"Yeah he's about to drop X and we heard the song in the car." I said laughing in a fake manner.

On the inside I was pissed. I don't know if it was me, but those lyrics he shared with her were very explicit and inappropriate. He said "It's been a long time I been missin yo body" and who is he talking about??? He ain't talking about me cause my birthday is in November. It's June bro. I know Rihanna's birthday is in February, and they've been working with each other since December.

Something isn't adding up right. Plus, he can't possibly miss my body cause I give it to Chris at least monthly.... Maybe...

"Speaking of.... Here's Chris right now... Ayo wassup?" Red said walking away a little bit as he answered the phone.

I haven't been responding to Chris' texts. He just texted me 3 times. I'm upset about this song. I don't know if I'm over exaggerating or not, but this ain't cool.

"Deja.... We gone meet up tomorrow at the house. You mind coming a little early to help with decorations?" I asked putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Sure bro anything for family. Be safe y'all." She said smiling and giving everyone hugs while we finally walked away.

"The people we've met so far, how come they all keep saying be safe? It's not even like 2 or 3 people saying it. We've been by four houses." A.J said as Tae and I chuckled.

"Cause this is Chicago... It comes with the territory." Tae said chuckling as he hopped in the driver's seat.

"You'd have to live here to understand. Sorry A.J, you got some learning to do." Pryce said as everyone got in.

"Jay, he wanna talk to you." Red said as I shook my head no while getting in the passenger's seat.

"She said nah bro."

"Dang you couldn't say I was busy or some? Do better Red... That was a horrible cover-up." I said shaking my head.

"Aw my bad.... But, Ight blood Imma hit you back later...." Red said shortly before he hung up.

"What did he say?" I asked looking back.

"He sounded upset from what I heard." Q said chuckling.

"You think everything is funny." I said reaching in the back to hit his arm gently.

"Yeah he thought the first time we met was hilarious." Tae said as Q and I laughed hysterically from the memory.

"What happened?" Pryce asked.

"What's so funny? What we miss?" Red asked sitting up waiting for the story.

"Well...." Tae said about to tell the story.

(Chris' POV)

Now she not answering my text messages or my calls. What in the world did I do now?

"What are you over there lookin mad for baby? We just dropped a song and we're about to make a lot of money together. I remember when we first made the song and it was near my birthday. Sweet memories right?" Robyn said applauding the both of us.

"I am happy about the money. Can we not talk about that? I'm just tired." I said lying.

"Boy you know you ain't tired. It must be problems with the wife. I told you to just let her go so you can keep me. That's a sweet idea. You know you like me more." She said walking over to me biting her lip.

"Stop talking about her like that. You know that pisses me off. I gotta go. I'll see you around." I said grabbing my car keys and walking out.

I don't have time for none of that right now. She's upset with me and she won't talk to me. I have to get her attention.

-----------------------
Nothing may not be happening now, but stay tuned! I'm almost done with the book... 🙃

I appreciate y'all for the views and everything! Love y'all...

Thanks for reading!! 😛💓