LXII.

"Jay baby... It's me Christopher." I said looking at her.

"I'm-im sorry I don't know you...."

"Doc what's going on? What's wrong with my child?" Her mom asked as I was wondering the same thing.

"Jay can you give us a second?" The doctor said walking towards the door. She shook her head yes and started playing with her nails.

Her mom and I followed him out and I closed the door. Nurses and other doctors passed us in the hallway as we began our conversation.

"What's going on wit my girl?" I asked folding my arms.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but she suffered from some brain injuries. Right now, that injury resulted to some memory loss."

Memory loss? So she doesn't know me...

"So you mean to tell me that she forgot everything about her life? Even her own mother?" Her mom said about to shed some tears. I wrapped her in a hug and she started crying in my chest.

"As of right now, she doesn't remember.. But, we are going to put her on some medication to help the brain. We don't know if it will work or not, but we will try our best. As the family, just try and surround her with the normal people and normal atmosphere. Make her feel comfortable." The doctor said as I still tried to process the thought of memory loss.

"Man this is messed up... What if the medicine doesn't work?!" I asked the doctor as her mother let me go.

"Look.... Sir we are doing everything we can. You can bring the rest of your family in if you want to... But, don't make it so overwhelming. She needs time." He said as I walked off.

I walked through the double doors and I stormed right out of the hospital.

"Chris!! Wait! What happened!?" I heard A.J yell and run after me. I sat on the bench near the curb and I put my head down.

"Chris... You gotta talk to us bro... What's goin on?" August asked patting my back.

"Man she don't remember nothin." I said sniffling. I didn't know what to do. This was horrible.

"Whatchu mean?" Red asked.

"Man she don't remember none of us.. She got memory loss." I said as my voice cracked.

They all gasped and I heard comments from them too.

"That's crazy man... This ain't right." Red said shaking his head as I looked up.

"Oh no.... Not my main.... She can't forget us." I heard A.J say.

"Whatchu over there trippin for? You just started coming around and now all of a sudden you callin her yo main and you think that y'all bond was tight. Girl gone somewhere. Chris you just had to tie your shoe dead smack in the middle of the street huh?"

Shay said to A.J then to me. What in the world is she talking about? Jay and A.J got real close while Shay wasn't even around. Then, she gone come at me wit this?

"Aye calm down Shay... That ain't right. Chris she ain't mean it." August said to Shay.

"Are you serious right now? Don't pull this all on Chris. He's already going through enough." Red said catching an attitude with Shay. I was ready to treat her life.

"I'm sorry Chris.. But, Nah she need to know the real deal." Shay said rolling her eyes at A.J.

"You know you are so fake. This whole time you've been pretending to be my friend, but in all reality you're just jealous. I've been there for Jay ever since she's moved down here. Throughout every rough patch and relationship problem. Spent the night at her house countless times. But, you the one that went MIA for a while." A.J said raising her voice at Shay.

"Ohhhh woopdy woop you spent the night at her house.. You want a treat?" Shay asked walking up to A.J.

"Aye Shay you ain't even gotta be like that... Calm down." Trey said to Shay as August was about to add his two cents.

"Aye look... Y'all wanna sit up here and argue while she's in the hospital? Seriously? Look ion care what grudges or problems y'all got wit each other, but y'all ain't gone get into it here while my girl is in the emergency room. Shay, you ain't got no right to do A.J like dat. All Jay talks about is their bond. They've grown so fast together I couldn't even blink twice. Jay was going through some stuff with her family a while ago. I was there and A.J was there. Where were you??" I asked raising my voice. Of course Shay and everybody else got quiet.

"Exactly that's what I thought... You're afraid because they've gotten closer than you and Jay have been in a long time. Y'all don't talk like y'all used to. Yeah y'all call each other here and there. But, that ain't nothin compared to the time her and Jay spend together. Ion got time for no negativity. So, if y'all gone continue this stupidity and this whack argument, y'all can go home. I don't want none of that here while I'm going through this mental breakdown. I don't need this right now man." I said walking back in the hospital to sit by myself.

Everything that was going on outside was nonsense. Shay got the audacity to come at A.J like that. Red walked back in with me. He always got my back. We both sat down.

"Chris can yall come in the room with us? We wanna at least try." Kiki said coming over to us as her family got up along with Q and Mike.

We stood up and Mike walked towards us.

"Aye man I'm here for you... Wassup Red." He said patting my back and dapping Red.

---------------------

(Red's POV)

Everything was so weird. Lil Red ain't remember a thing.... Well from being here in Cali. We've been sitting in here for at least 5 minutes. Chris is sitting in a chair in the corner. Mike, Q, and I were right next to him.

"Sis... You don't know any of us?" Kiki asked as she rubbed her arm.

"I mean... I kinda do... I remember mom and Tae now..and I can see things from my childhood, and Chicago, but that's it. I'm still trying."

"What from your childhood?" Her mom asked as she sat down on the side of the bed.

"I remember high school and stuff. Jacob is still my best friend right?" She asked. I knew Chris was pissed that she remembers Jacob and not him.

"Well, he was but he isn't anymore. I'm your guy best friend. Well, at least I was." Q said looking at her then at Chris.

"Well, where's Jake?" She asked.

"He's gone. He's not really in your life anymore." Tae said folding his arms.

"Oh okay......" She said looking around the room.

"Jay do you know them?" Tajah asked pointing to me, Mike, and Chris.

"Not really... But, the guy that came in and touched my cheek earlier is really cute... I don't know why I snatched away. What's your name again? Christopher right?" She asked as Chris gave off a half smile.

"Yeah... I'm Chris."

"You said you're my boyfriend? Whoa... I really hit the jackpot." She said smiling and looking down. Everyone in the room chuckled and smiles were put on their faces. She still has the same personality.

"Yes sweetheart I am... We both hit the jackpot. I'm gonna be here with you everyday until you get better. I'm gonna take care of you." Chris said walking to her bedside as she looked up at him.

"That sounds nice.. Mom isn't he a cutie?" Jay looked up to her mom and smiled.

"Are you in any pain?" I asked.

"In my lower body and I kinda have a headache... But other than that no. Oh and by the way, I love the hair." She said flashing a smile. I mirrored the smile and so did everyone else. It was good to see a smile on her face.

It's gonna take a while before she gets her memory back. I hope she does because I miss my Lil Red already.

----------------------

Thanks for reading! 💋