XCVIII.

Sorry for any errors or mistakes. Hope you enjoy!

(2 Days Later in Jay's POV)

I never would've thought that I would be here right now.

"Am I able to see him yet? Can I please go back there?" I asked the nurse as she told me "not yet, he's still in surgery".

My brother was hurt in an explosion off of the coast and was thrown 50ft into the water. They said he suffered from 2nd and 3rd degree burns. To top it all off, he has hypothermia. He was blessed to still be alive at this moment. They're trying to repair his skin and muscle tissue. But, they said 3rd degree burns on majority of the body can sometimes be fatal.

I can't lose my brother... I just can't. That's my homie and a piece of my lifeline. He hasn't even met his nephew yet.

I was almost on the verge of tears in the waiting room until he walked in.....

"Baby girl....." I heard a husky voice utter as it walked towards me. He looked so... I don't know. His skin was glowing and his eyes showed sincerity. It showed me why I fell in love with him in the first place. Tears fell from my eyes as he sat down next to me. He embraced me in a hug.

My emotions were all over the place right now. My feelings for him and my feelings for my brother being hurt are combining.

"It's alright... everything is gonna be okay. Your brother is gonna make it and you're gonna be fine. I'll always be here for you." He said as I buried my face in his chest. I was balling my eyes out as he was rubbing my back.

I caught the quickest flight back to L.A when I heard the news. Luke stayed back in Italy because I told him that I'd be cool. We've been a little iffy ever since the whole Jessie J situation. She's like a stalker almost. I don't like that type of stuff, so I'm giving myself some space.

Of course, his sergeant called me and let me know. Then, when I landed and I was crying in the car on the way here, Chris was calling me to check on me. Him checking on me turned into this.

"Chris you don't have to stay here... I promise I'll be fine." I said covering my face with my hands.

"I'm not going anywhere. I won't leave you." He said wrapping his arms around my back.

Sitting in his arms made me realize how much I needed him. But, it still doesn't take away the fact of what he did. Deep down I forgive him and I still love him. I'm just still hurt.

"Ma'am... your brother is going to be going into over-night surgery. They are still trying to repair some things, and the visiting hours are over. But, by the time you come back tomorrow morning, you can ask for me and I will take you right to him." A nurse said to me as I groaned aloud. Chris rubbed my back in a gesture to calm me down.

"Alright thank you Miss..." Chris said standing up and grabbing my hand to walk me out of the hospital. As we were outside, we walked straight to his car. I forgot that I drove here.

"Take me home.... would you bring me back up here in the morning?" I asked Chris as he convinced me to get in the car with him.

"Anything you want me to do, I'll do it." Chris said as he started the car up.

"Thank you..."

(20 minutes later)

The whole car ride was quiet. But, during the ride he drove with one hand on the wheel and the other hand grasping mine. Then, as we sat outside of his house, he ran his hand through my hair. I miss moments like this.

The longer I sat with him, the more my heart started to warm up. I'm not supposed to be here growing my feelings back. I promised myself that I wouldn't stay.

"I miss you so much..." He said looking at me. I saw him out the corner of my eye.

I stepped out of the car and I walked right into the house. Of course he had the door unlocked as usual. As I walked in, I saw a picture of us on the wall. Another picture that I ripped up was taped together on the table. I broke plates, I tore up pictures, I threw vases... I did a lot before I left. I missed this place.

I felt hands creep around my waist. He grasped my stomach. I looked down at his tatted hand and I shook my head. I closed my eyes.

"Why can't I erase you from my life?" I asked as my mouth was quivering. I was ready to burst out into tears again.

"We promised each other that no matter what, we would always stick it out. We would never leave each other. Everyone knows about that pact that we made. You can't erase me from your life. It's impossible baby girl. Just let me be here for you and my baby. You love me and you definitely know that I love you."

I turned around to face his tall frame as he towered over me. As I looked up to him, I noticed those pink plump lips that I haven't tasted in months. I wanted to kiss him so badly. I longed for his touch.

"I was supposed to walk away. I promised myself that I wasn't gonna stay. Now look at me."

"Every promise doesn't work out the way you want it to. We keep coming back to each other. We were meant to be." He said softly as I started crying. I started hitting his chest out of anger and my mood swings. This pregnancy has been hitting me hard.

"Baby stop! Calm down!" He semi-yelled trying to block me. I was breathing heavily.

I looked up at him and I could tell that he was on the verge of tears too. He wanted to cry with me.

"What is it about you? I can't get you out of my head." I yelled out as my hits and my tears started slowing down.

"Don't let me go babe. Please don't leave me again. Let me be here for you and my son. I need you right here with me." He said sniffling as I tried to wipe my tears. But, he moved my hand and he wiped them away with his thumb.

His thumb moved down to my chin and he lifted it up so our lips could meet. Our lips touched gently and butterflies formed in my stomach. After the kiss, I looked up at him and I wiped his tears. He licked his lips and put on a smile.

"Your heart is broken because I walked away. Show me how much you miss me. Show me that you still care. Give me a reason to stay." I said sniffling as he picked me up bridal style.

He led me upstairs to the bedroom and he laid me down on the bed. He spread my legs and climbed in between them. I haven't got any from him in a long time and my hormones have been raging. This is a vulnerable moment, but I sincerely want him.

If we want to heal... we have to do what's best for us.

He planted warm kisses on my neck as I yearned for him.

"Let me show you how much I want you back." Chris said while nibbling on my ear.

If we do this.... we are automatically back together.

We built sandcastles... that were washed away. I know I promised that I couldn't stay, but every promise doesn't work out that way.

----------------------
😩is she gonna stay?

Thanks for reading! ❤️