Act 19.

Tirsdag 10:59

" You are late. Again." Adam blew through the receiver of my phone in a slightly chopped voice since I was running.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I gasped through my phone as I turned the corner into a new corridor while trying to stabilize my stuff.

The laugh of the brown was audible and I nearly fell before catching up at the last moment out of breath. "Okay, I'll wait for you, but hurry up Nogen. "

"Takk." I screamed through my phone before taking a breathless pause as Adam hung up.

I leaned on my thighs visibly out of shape before looking around as I readjusted the strap of my backpack on my shoulder storing my phone in the back pocket of my jeans.

I pulled down a strand of hair wandering behind my ear as I resumed my walk a slower step before jumping to the agreement of a door opening.

However, I did not even have time to react as I soon felt a hand closing around my wrist before I was pulled into the darkness making me gasp.

" What-"

"Shh, Céleste. It's me." Suddenly interrupted a familiar voice, turning me around by my shoulders since I saw absolutely nothing in the dark closet.

I frowned in trying to calm myself down since I recognized the voice before squinting at the shadow of the person in front of me. "Chris?"

"I told you it was me. In your opinion ?" Replied the brown with a slight chuckle before pulling the string out of the lamp above us making me immediately take a step back with a frowning brow this time.

I looked around and realized that we were in the janitor's closet before turning my annoyed eyes on the brown. "What are we doing here?"

"I need to talk to you." He answered in all honesty making me squeeze my lips before leaving a weary sigh.

I crossed my arms on my chest, staring at him carefully before giving him a nod. "Okay, let's talk."

"Really? I mean ... yeah, let's talk- "

"Chris !" I was in a state of impatience even if I had to admit that his stuttering was quite amusing.

The brown shook his head soon, taking up a serious expression before giving me a long, uncertain look. " I screwed up. I know it. I didn't really want to kiss Eva but ... that what I do, Celeste. This is what people expect of me. "

I creased my lips by staring at him for a long time in an uncertain silence visibly conflicting with myself before supporting his brown orbs.

"Except you." He paused more softly as he suddenly took a step in my direction filling the little space between us as he tucked a lock of hair behind my ear watching me carefully under the dim light. "So please don't give up now. "

I frowned visibly more in conflict than ever before, before taking a step back as I gave him a shake of my head. "You shouldn't wait for anyone's approval. Even less of me. I-I'm not perfect. I make mistakes too. I told you horrible things... I-I- "

I froze in my diatribe as the brown took my face in his warm hands causing me to release a breath that I didn't even know I was holding before I plunge completely into the depths of his dark eyes.

I felt trembling under his touch as Chris watched me in a deafening silence until he let out a short breath. "I- I know you probably will not after what I did but... can I hug you?"

"Of course, idiot." I chuckled in disbelief as I took him in my arms, placing my cheek against his chest before biting the inside of my cheek as I felt him clasp his arms behind my back.