Act 56.

Look at this silly cutie pie 😃 😂So beautiful !!!

Mandag 16: 59

I chewed anxiously on my lip as I thought of Noora before suddenly raising my head to the agreement of free knocks against my door.

"You okay, honey ?" My mother asked, leaning against the gap with her arms crossed on her chest.

"Hmm? Yeah! Yeah, yeah, I was just thinkin." I replied absent-mindedly as I laid my eyes on Chris's drawing before bending over my mother as she sat down behind me before wrapping her arms around my back.

"Everything is fine with Chris ?"

"Chris? Yeah yeah ! Everything is fine." I replied before letting myself be lulled by her comforting embrace. "I just thought..."

"Hm, about what, honey?"

I bite inside my cheek in hesitation before giving her a look over my shoulder. "I know that God is constantly among us. That he is part of our lives but... how can we possibly believe in him when some people do horrible things without being punished ?"

"Céleste God forgives, he doesn't punish." She blurted as she stroked my hair before putting her cheek against mine, continuing to rock us as when I was little. "Why such questions all of a sudden ?"

I shook my head immediately before shrugging my shoulders. "For nothing. "

A silence settled between us as my mother continued to caress affectionately my hair before she left a slight breath.

"I'm sorry for the way I have dealt with Christoffer. "

"It's okay. I would have been angry too if my daughter and son had been involved in a fight."

My mother hummed in agreement before making a sudden pause giving me a serious look."But you don't think of having children now, right ?"

" Mom." I gasped with wide eyes of incredulity before lifting my left index finger. "I'm still a virgin, okay? Christoffer and I did nothing. "

"Virgin, huh? I like this boy."

It struck me as I was biting my lower lip again in hesitation and uncertainty this time. "But I don't think he will wait indefinitely. The question never when in the conversation but I know his reputation and his past."

"Okay, listen to me, honey." Suddenly declared my mother by forcing me to turn around to take my chin between her fingers."I know you love, Christoffer. And I can see how much he loves you too. But under no circumstances you should, Céleste, do anything for him."

I lowered my eyes by playing nervously with my fingers before speaking in a very shrill voice."What if I want to ?"

"Wow. "

A silence followed the reaction evidently taken off of my mother before she tried to form a sentence.

I kept my eyes down on my hands as she let out a short breath before making me look at her again. "Then I couldn't stop you. But I want you to take into account how you feel. Do you feel like it because of lust or because you think he's the right one ?"

"How did you know that Dad was the right one ?" I exclaimed, shaking my head definitely frustrated now.

However, my mother's reaction was not really the one I was expecting as she stood speechless before grinning in embarrassment.

"Your father and I aren't a very good example. "

I frowned as she rose from my bed before looking at her retreat in perplexity. "Wait! What ? Mom, why ? What do you mean ? Mom! "