Act 43.

Onsdag 16:45

Chris wasn't in the high school today and he obviously didn't answer any of my messages. To make things worse, William seemed to have avoided me since I was back with Noora.

The situation was still somewhat strained between them so I assumed it was better if they stayed apart for now.

Funny to see how Noora's relationships and I walked somewhat in sync. When Noora and William were at their best, Chris and I were similar and then it was enough for a storm to fall on them for our relationship to change immediately.

I knew it wasn't about purpose but still.

Anyway, Noora finally convinced me. I was sure of what I was feeling for Chris and even though my heart was beating at the moment or even if my hands were sweating on my wheel, I was going to admit to Chris that I was falling in love with him.

Probably not so directly but I knew I was going to have to start with a start.

Hence my reason for my conduct in the direction of William's apartment.

With a little luck, Chris had just decided to skipped the classes for the day and had spent his day at his best friend's apartment.

William had told me that he often did this in one of our previous conversations so this was where I was going to start.

I soon parked in the familiar neighborhood of William before slamming the door of my car while raising my eyes towards the window of the apartment of the brown.

I creased my lips in uncertainty as I cautiously crossed the road before entering the luxurious hall.

I quickly climbed the stairs, sliding my palm along the wooden ramp before finally stopping in front of the large modern white door.

I had been nervous for a while since I was probably about to do one of the most frightening things in my life before taking my courage with both hands.

I leaned on the bell, stepping back a few paces in wait with my hands pressed into the back pockets of my jeans.

However, I certainly didn't expect to see a tall blond with an ocean blue eyes behind the door.

The latter gave me a puzzled look before leaving a smile on his lips as he took it in my slightly intimidated form. "Can I do something to help you?"

I quickly resumed my surprise by composing my expression in a benevolent smile before leaving a slight breath of nervous laughter. "You must be Nico? I am Céleste. William's best friend. "

I knew that if William was here he would probably have sent me a scathing look for openly stating our close friendship but I was giving the benefit of the doubt to everyone. And his half-brother was no exception.

"Really?" He exclaimed, taking my outstretched hand before surprising me completely as he bent slightly to lay a chaste kiss on top.

I felt a slight redness settling down my cheeks at his gesture as he held my gaze with a pinch of malice before letting go of my hand as an entrance sign.

"I'm looking forward to getting to know you in this case. After all, it's not every day that William introduces me to his friends. "

However, I didn't forget the reason for my coming as I clumsy crossed my arms on my chest in uncertainty. "Oh... uh... I don't want to be rude or whatever, but I was actually looking for Christoffer. I know that he sometimes hangs into William's apartment and- "

"Christoffer? Chris Schistad ?" He interrupted me with a slight tinge of boredom in his tone causing me immediately to bite the inside of my cheek in hesitation now.