Act 78.

Few weeks later...

Things were quickly settled again after the famous pregame at Isak. First, I regained consciousness the next morning to see a worried Noora at my bedside.

That quickly turned into a great reunion before I had to run into the closest toilet to reject the entire contents of my stomach. Still apparently.

I had not the slightest recollection of the evening but Isak, Noora and even better, Even had taken the responsibility of telling me.

That was how I had shamefully learned how I had gotten a hickey from Adam himself.

A fact that immediately panicked me if it wasn't for my preoccupation more important for Noora at the moment.

It turned out that she had definitely left William while he was at work and now she was just as broken-hearted as I was.

I didn't really know how we had arrived in such a catastrophic situation in so few months.

Anyway, I ended up avoiding Adam as much as possible when I returned to high school. Unfortunately, I felt guilty.

Far too guilty to succeed in maintaining a real conversation with Chris without feeling nauseous.

So our contacts during the last few weeks were limited to messages and many excuses to explain to Chris why I couldn't speak on the phone.

I knew my excuses were beginning to weigh on Chris's shoulders and that made me even more angry with myself.

I didn't even know how I really had to react and I couldn't really talk to William since he was Chris's best friend.

To make matters worse, Chris hadn't come back for the Halloween party. It would seem that our distance would last longer than expected. A fact that was as horrible as it was, relieved me.

I didn't really know how to deal with him. I still didn't know how I actually felt about him and Astrid.

Worse still, I felt like an atrocious human being for doing what I had done with Adam.

I knew that in theory I had done nothing but I knew enough Chris to know that he would take it wrong. Very bad. Especially with Adam.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mandag 11: 52

Hence the reason why, I was making the way currently walking the shame in the high school yard. Even since Isak's pregame I had been unable to pick up on my feeling of guilt.

I just wanted to confess everything to Chris but I was too afraid of the repercussions. Especially on the phone.

"Hey!" Suddenly I wasted Isak by pulling me with him making me look over my shoulder.

"Hi! "

Isak raised an eyebrow at my grimace before he stopped in front of the group of boys pretending in a lively conversation.

I stood awkwardly beside Isak as the boys evoked Magnus's great birthday reminding me that I had missed it. After my incident to the predecessor of Isak, I had decided to brake on the parties.

"Fuck!" Isak exclaimed immediately since he also appeared to have been absent from Magnus's birthday. "It was your birthday. "

"Yeah. "

"Sorry bro." Excuse immediately Isak letting me look between the quator in discomfort at the sensation of tension between them before watching Isak embrace Magnus with an apology barely seeming unreliable. "Uh, congrats ! You're seventeen, man. I had to go to this fucking, uh, family dinner. So boring. "