Act 52.

Søndag 14: 08

I gave a last look in my mirror grateful for the warming of the outside temperature before going to our living room.

I stopped at the entrance with my fists nervously tight since I was getting ready to lie again and scraped my throat hard to try to get the attention of my family

"Are you going somewhere ?" Immediately asked my mother with a slight frown suspicious of my dressed condition.

I could see my dad give me a similar look even cooler since he seemed less angry at me while the fake twins shared an eye knowingly.

I assumed they had seen Chris's post Friday but if had they seen it, they hadn't told our parents.
I was just hoping they had not planned to blow it up to my face in the next few days.

Nevertheless, it would seem that they were finally ready to make efforts as they suddenly rose before turning to our parents.

"Yeah, uh... we wanted to go to the movies. If it's okay ? "

" You three ? Together ?" Repeated our father, giving us a suspicious look since our relationship was not at its best.

I forced a small smile, shaking my head like the twins before crossing my fingers behind my back hoping it would work.

Finally, our mother got up from the couch before recovering her bag letting us clumsily stand around as she fumbled inside.

Egil, Mathias and I shared a nervous glance apprehending the next few minutes before raising an eyebrow as our mother handed me a bills.

"Don't go home too late. And please, no more fighting." She sighed exhausted, making me lick my dry lips by nodding my head in relief.

I accepted the bill with a little nod before signaling to the twins to follow me.

We walked in silence to my car before climbing inside with only the sound of the cliques of our belts as background noise.

I turned on the engine before accelerating in our street in a still so tense silence.

Egil, who was at the front, quickly turned on the radio only, Mathias soon advanced from the back seat, asking him to lower the sound.

Egil immediately obeyed, leaving silence between us.

This silence became too much for me so I decided to break it for the boys since they seemed unable to do it first.

" Thank you. "

"For what ?" Egil asked at once, frowning and rolling my eyes with my lips.

"You know I don't go to the movies. "

"You may be the elder but that doesn't mean we can't watch over you sometimes. We are a family. Always and forever. "

I squeezed my jaw, keeping my eyes on the windshield since I knew it was Mathias' s most sincere apology until now.