CHAPTER 6: Control

Frisk POV:

"I'm telling you! They already know I'm ALIVE! And you're not going to do anything about it?!" I slammed my hand down onto Alex's desk, making him look up at me with a glare.

The desk now had my fingerprints on it, and his eyes narrowed through his glasses.

"Frisk, there is nothing we can do if they know! We can't fake your death AGAIN, it'll be too suspicious. For now, we'll focus on the tasks at hand, if they come to find you, then you can deal with them." He said, still looking at my hand, then back at me, meeting my eyes.

He spoke once more, "you have the training for combat, so if you spot anyone coming for you, I allow you to kill on sight." His voice deepened and I took my hand off his desk in a defeat.

"Yes sir." I gritted my teeth, daring not to speak against him. He was the most skilled person here, maybe in all of the mafias across the state, I was trained by him exclusively so I get some leniency when it comes to yelling at him.

"Now, about the task before you left." He said, once again picking another file that had looked different than the one I was about to receive before my mission.

"It's different." I said, almost disgusted he had changed the task.

"I had given it to someone else. Tasks come and go and you didn't make it in time." I said calmly, his arm extended, holding the brown file.

"Tch."  I spat, taking the file from him harshly. Then opening it up with a glare and reading it as he spoke.

"Don't catch an attitude" he chuckled. "It's just business."

NOVEMBER 9th, 201X              TIME: 11:15 P.M.
REPORT:

WANTED: Traitor
                      -Presumed Dead
NAME: April Savage
ADDRESS: Apt. 104 Spring Ave.

PHONE: 605-475-6968

Hair Color: Dirty Blonde                  SEX: Female

AGE: 36                      BIRTHDATE: 4-1-20XX

LAST SEEN: Fleeing C. H. E. S. S. HQ with documents on various blueprints and people.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Not very Skilled in combat, but very skilled with technology.

Was in the technology department, she might be apart of MMO, or Dice, being apart of Triad is very unlikely due to lack of combat skills.

MMO is very likely.

WANTED BY: C. H. E. S. S.

I read over the file carefully, being careful not to misread any of it.

Once my eyes land on the fact this April Chicken can't fight my heart races and my blood boils a bit, I'm trying to stay in control.

My hands grip the file in anger. "Really??" I spat at him with furious eyes. "I want the old one! She can't even FIGHT?!"

"Plus..." I continued, "I haven't even heard of an April in HQ." I eyed him suspiciously.

"It's because she was in our computer department. That's how she got all of this information."

"Why can't we find her?"

"But she's good at hiding. Find her before our information is expelled." He said calmly. As he was going through his files, my eyes spot the same file he was going to hand me earlier today.

"What's that?" I said, cautiously stepping forward to get a better view.

"Your previous task."

"Why don't I have that one?" I pointed at the file as he pulled it out with a sigh.

"Because! Frisk! We need to get the information back fast, so quit your complaining and complete the task in the morning before we get raided by MMO!" He said, standing up a bit and raising his voice.

Yes I admit, I push him a bit far and i get a bit spoiled here and there, but I believe I should be suited for another task better.

"I'm giving your original Task to Ben. He can take the suspect, and you take yours." He said. "This meeting is over. Have your task completed by nightfall tomorrow."

I hesitated, pouting like a 2 year old who did get her way, and formed a slight fake smile across my face. "I'm sorry sir, yes sir."

I turned quickly and opened the door, and walked out without a word from either of us.

I made my way down into the mess hall, my stomach rumbling loudly due to the lack of food since someone decided to give me another task.

Luckily the mess hall was open 24/7 and we were allowed to take whatever we want as long as we're a veteran member to C. H. E. S. S.

I silently take a plate and make my way to the fridge, and gazed upon the unopened leftovers.
I frowned upon everything, not really in the mood for anything laying in it but I eventually picked a bowl of fruit that was laying next to the fridge, holding some apples and bananas.

I put the plate up and take a banana, the office being eerily quiet, my senses sharpening.

As I walk back to my dorm, with many twists and turns going about, I eventually start humming a catchy tune that had caught in my head during my mission a while back.

I smiled to myself, as I was holding a banana, my soft grin turning into a twisted grin, and a few skips were added into My swift pace.

My alter ego comes in whenever she wants, and when she does, it feels like I'm trapped inside a dark hole, and I cannot escape, I call it the sunken place out of lack of creativity.

She claims over my body, desperate for fresh air, i can see but I do not have control.

I'll find a way to stay in control, because I always do, even if she was the original host.