CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"

"DAMN IT! RUN!"

"SANS! We can't keep going! We're out numbered! They'll slaughter us!"

"Keep your mouth shut! We're almost there! I can see her!"

"SANS! UNDYNE IS RIGHT! LOOK HOW BIG THEIR NUMBERS ARE! WE WOULD HAVE SEVERE CASUALTIES!"

"Asgore said that we have to get back our kiddo no matter what! I'm living up to that! I ain't breaking a promise to protect the kid!"

"Fall back, Sans!"

"I AM YOUR CAPTAIN ON THIS TASK AND YOU WILL FOLLOW MY ORDERS!"

"Sans.."

"I'll murder every last one if it means that Frisk can come back home!"
"She's right there on the corner, if we hurry,
C. H. E. S. S. won't make it!"

"Squad C? Do you read?"

"Yes Captain Un-szh-... yne"

"We're going all out into the crowd of members. They're blockading Frisk."

"C-Captain?! Our num-"

"JUST DO IT!"

"R-Roger.."

"BROTHER! WAIT!"

"We're wasting time! I don't care if she sees me murder every last human. I'm saving her!"

"Sans!"
"SANS!"

Frisk POV:

"So if yer going to join us, you need a medical diagnostic so you can be put into the system. We can check your soul while we're at it." Sans grumbled, walking into the infirmary. "Heya Al, just checking in for her soul."

"O-Oh! You a-are both h-here! G-great!" She came out, and smiled once she saw me walking about. "F-Frisk! You look s-so much b-better." I nodded in response and She gave a small reassuring smile and lead us up to my room.

Why is she so nice to me?

We past a few individuals that were injured, probably when doing their tasks and from the explosion about 2 weeks ago.

Most monsters heal quickly, however, you never know how fragile the monster is. Some of them die in one strike, and some takes so many of your hardest shots at your fullest.

"L-Let's get you h-hooked up so we c-can take a l-look at your s-soul." Alphys said, walking into a room and messing with some medical supplies.

Sans sat me down onto a chair next to a similar-looking machine that I sat next to when I arrived here after the whole ordeal with
C. H. E. S. S.
Sans just stuffs his hands into his pockets and sighs, glancing at the readings every once and a while.

Alphys turns and clicks a few buttons on the machine, it makes a few beeps and clicks in return and she nods her head slightly.

Does that mean it's gotten better? What could have caused that?
I really don't fully grasp the concept of souls. I just nod and go with it. It's easier and faster to deal with.

"We also need a medical diagnostic while yer at it." Sans nodded towards Alphys, gesturing at the clipboard that was now in her hand for taking notes. "Frisks wants to join the Mafia." He said casually.

Alphys, on the other hand, squeaks in surprise and almost drops the clipboard in a panic.
"W-What?!" She stuttered shyly. "N-Not to offend y-you Frisk, but, S-Sans! C-Can you even do that?!" She fumbled with her words a bit, nervously shifting back and fourth.