CHAPTER 77: Title number 77

I'm totally not procrastinating homework. At all.
.
.
.
Look! I gave you a chapter! Don't yell at me!! It's a short chapter but it's a clip of what's going on during chapter 76.

——

??? POV:

"Why have you come to see me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at the stranger in my office. She looked familiar, I couldn't put my finger on it. My legs were crossed and my glasses sat firmly on the bridge of my nose, it was almost as if she could read my mind with the next sentence that came out of her mouth.

"I can be your new weapon. Don't bother creating a new one." She said, narrowing her eyes. The girl's hands were folded in her lap, her legs were crossed professionally in the large chair in my office, almost as if she were copying me.

How's does she know of the projects that have been going on inside of the Mafia? Those are strictly confidential.

"You? How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, not trusting the stranger that seemed to just show up out of no where. Figuring out who she looked like, my breathing hitched, she looked exactly like the girl I raised as my own.

Worst of all, she looks just like her. Just like Frisk.

"I see you've figured out who I resemble." She said, giggling a bit. She kept it under control and continued. "I can assure you I won't be such a failure as she was to you. Someone who ... can't kill."

"She was a fine killer." I said, defending her to my surprise. "She did wonders for our organization. I don't know you, or your skill level. You would be as good as the dirt on the bottom of my shoe." I spat, obviously frustrated from her remarks. She said nothing.

I shift in my seat slightly, getting more comfortable as the awkward silence emitted in the room. It seemed to go on for hours as the seconds rolled by, but it seemed like this strange girl had all the Patience in the world.

I don't have all day. I have things I must take care of.
And I need to find Frisk before she leaks any information about us. I know she's joined the MMO.

"Listen, Alex, was it?" She said, her eyes showing a glint of red and betrayal. She was angry, but her complexion showed calmness yet calamity. "You are the leader of the most powerful organization." She said, getting up from her seat and walking over towards my desk. "You are respected, you are intimidating." She went on, uttering useless things I had already known. My white suit grew to a gray as she stepped closer to me, hovering over my desk with a smirk across her face.

"What is your point?" I snapped, getting rather irritated from her actions. Frisk would have never acted in this way with me. "How do I not know you are not Frisk? She wants revenge, I bet you she wants me dead. The feeling is mutual." I said, chuckling a bit. I never chuckle.

If she is trying to sway me with lust or compliments it's not working. I am dedicated to my work, I allow no such relationships in this organization.

"Alex, Alex.." She said, slowly standing up straight and walking towards me. "We both want the same thing." She said. "We both want her dead." She whispered, now at my ear. I was captivated by her voice, I couldn't lie. The words moved smoothly from her mouth and into the air where she can be heard. She was close, too close, but I couldn't help but not move and listen. Her movements are calculated and calm. I was open.

"You look so much like her." I hesitantly said, breathing onto her cheek as her face moved closer to mine to whisper into my ear once more. My heart was beating fast, just as fast as it was beating when I set Frisk up. The heart race of risk and harming others with joy; except this was suspense, this was fear. I didn't know what she was going to do. I didn't know why the guards of my office weren't coming in, or a maid to check my tea. Could they have been killed by this creature? "Who are you?" I asked quietly as she pulled back with a grin to meet my eyes.

She moved with lightning speed, reaching into her pocket, revealing a glimmer of light, before it disappeared from under my view. I felt the cold blade press up against my neck, causing my eyes to widen ever so slightly. She was swift and sly, almost like a fox with those deep, red eyes. "My name is Chara."

It's glorious.
She's perfect. The weapon I have been looking for. No emotions. No nothing. Almost like... her.

"And I'm your worst nightmare." She whispered, giggling slightly, slashing the knife against my throat. The pain was unbearable. I was dying, I could feel it. But she, the one with no emotions, Chara, just cut shallow enough for me to suffer and bleed out as if I hurt her too.

My worst fear is coming true.
Going to the afterlife.

I hated that thought.

Seconds seemed like days, the pain was unbearable. I couldn't take it. It was perfect for a criminal like me. Who kidnapped a child from her family and tortured her for getting captured by the enemy.

"Change of plans. There's a new mafia leader as of today." She giggled, wiping her knife with the fallen handkerchief that was stained in my own royal blood. "There's gonna be multiple new leaders soon too."

——