CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault

Heya! I have a super long weekend (4 days) and I'm determined to give y'all some updates! XD

——

Frisk POV:

I didn't realize how hard moving through the city as a human, alone, would be so hard.

It was hard to keep my face covered, as my black hood covered a small portion of my face. I had to tie my hair up, and keep my head down at all times when walking through the city of monsters.

Monsters everywhere would point me out, or even back away from the shady-looking human walking down the sidewalks. My hands were in my pockets, and I was walking fast. With every step I walked faster and faster, I was almost at a slight jog.

At this point Sans and Papyrus are going to know what direction I went into. What if I run into them on the way out? What would I say?

I tried to push away the unwanted thoughts of running into the brothers, but they just wouldn't stop nagging me. Involuntarily, my mind started making up scenarios and conversations. Things I would say just in case.

'Oh! Hi Sans! Papyrus! I was just getting some fresh air, it's not what it looks like!'

I made a face and cringed at the horrible lie my brain was able to come up with. I cringed even more when I found out that was the only suitable lie I would figure out. What else was I supposed to say?

'Oh! I'm just going to try and kill Chara so that you won't be her next victim! I could die, but that doesn't matter! Don't worry!'

I shook my head, still walking very fast towards the east, where the CCC would be. Towards the cut through near Smithtown. This should be a day's journey on foot, with the shortcut, at least. I'm just glad C. H. E. S.  S. knew where every mafia's HeadQuarters was. I would be very lost.

Maybe Chara went in the order of how far away each Mafia is to the MMO—

"Hey!" A feminine voice called out, as I stepped back in surprise from the sudden impact. Due to the weight I was carrying from the cans, I fell backward. My hood tried to come off, but my hand grabbed it just as I fell. I kept my face to the ground.

"Are you okay?" The feminine voice called out. I could only see her black shoes and leggings as I continued to hold my hood over my eyes. "Wait..." She said, stepping a bit closer. "Those are human hands... aren't they?" She gasped. "You're a human!" I kept my face down, and I didn't say a word. Those words hurt the most. "You're not supposed—"

"Hey! Don't say that!" Another feminine voice came into the situation. I could see her feet stop behind the other monster's as they began to back up. "Don't just stand there!" She said, stepping in front of her. "Here, let me help you. Are you hurt?" She said, picking up the several cans that had rolled out and into the side walk.

I still didn't say anything. I didn't even move. I was terrified. I had been caught. The sounds of cans being put into the bag was heard behind me, and a hand was offered to help me up in front of me. "Here. Let me help you up." She said sweetly.

I took her hand, letting go of the hood to place my hand onto the ground to lift myself up. My face was uncovered at I met her in the eyes. She was a short monster, wearing a school uniform. The other one was wearing one too. I could recognize them from the Hotland academy when I was in the underground. They were apart of Fuku Fire's little click of girls at school.

Her eyes widened, and let go of my hand immediately. "You're..." she stepped back, pulling her friend with her away from me. "You're that girl!" She said, running her hands through her pockets of her skirt to find anything frantically.

It's not what you think! It's not! I'm not that girl! I can't speak! I can't defend myself. Is she looking for a weapon?!

"W-Wa-" I tried to say, extending my arms to try and calm down the freight ended girl. Her friend pulled her back with suspicious eyes.

"H-Here! Take my Money! Take everything! Just leave us alone!" She cried, throwing her wallet towards me with trembling hands. Her eyes were wide with fear. "Please don't hurt us!" She said, rather loudly. She was attracting attention on purpose.

Don't look at me! No one look at me!

I looked around with wide eyes as different monsters slowed their pace to see the act. They saw me and their eyes widened as large as mine. "Wa... wait!" I managed to get out of my mouth. Nothing could escape from my locked lips. They didn't want to open. They didn't want to cooperate with that my brain was saying.

No! Stop! Please! Just keep walking! You don't understand!

People stopped to look at the commotion as this girl yelled at me not to hurt her or her friend. "I'm sorry for everything we caused you!" She said. "I'm sorry! Just leave this Mafia alone!" She said, tears running down her face. She was genuinely scared, and believed she needed help, so she got louder.

And the louder she got, the more monsters would sow down. A small crown of monsters were looking at me with wide eyes. Most I did recognize from my time in the underground. My friends. They all looked at me with fear. Like I had...

Killed people.

The bag I was carrying had a lose grip in my hands, and my hand tightened into a fist, as hot tears threatened to fall down my face. I looked around, monsters whispering and exchanging looks of fear. Their voices were blocked out from my mind telling me one thing.

Run!

And that's what I did. Towards Smithtown. I ran as fast as I could, pushing my way through the small crowd and running into the woods.

It's not their fault that they fear you. It's not their fault.

I wiped the tear that had made it down my cheek as I pushed my way through the low branches of the forest.

It's not their fault.

It's not .... their fault...

Then why does it hurt so bad?

Coming to an old run down apartment of an abandoned city, I hugged my legs, and drifted asleep. A horrible, restless sleep.