CHAPTER 98: Together!

Sans POV:

I stopped as we walked out the door with a small file in hand that Asgore had given us. It looked like he didn't care at all. I was uneasy about it, my mind said it was a bad idea. She shut the door behind her and looked up at me. "You aren't going to back out now, Are you?" She said. "You said it yourself. We need the money." She crosses her arms.

We do need the money! It doesn't mean you have to come!

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I was uneasy about letting her go on this mission. "As much as I want you with me, I just don't think that it's a good idea. You need to rest more! Or just let me go by myself." I started walking and she followed.

Or you just don't want her to realize the truth about you.
Shut up!

I shook my head, trying to drown out the voices that plagued my soul. I just needed to do this alone. It's not safe for her to be around me in combat anymore. What if I can't save her?

You've grown soft. Teleport there and ditch her! She won't accept the new you. She'll HATE IT!

YOU'VE BECOME THE THING SHE FEARED MOST!

"Sans. I'll be fine." She said. "I'm perfectly healthy! I've had months to heal from that wound. There's a scar there, unfortunately, but it doesn't mean I need to be on bedrest for the rest of my life!" She said, rubbing her stomach. "As Dad said, this is a two-man task. The reward is enough to last us for a while!" She explained, throwing her arms out to try and reason with me.

I stopped to talk to her properly and sighing loudly. I wasn't getting ticked at her, I was ticked at the voices, wanting me to abandon her. I couldn't do that! "Frisk. You know I love you. We've been dating for a few months now, but I just don't think that you need to do this! You can't even take a life! What if your life is in danger and you can't defend yourself?"

"My life won't be in danger because I was in a Mafia my entire life! I know combat! I can protect myself. I know know how to use a gun, martial arts, and I have incredible stamina." She counted with her fingers. "Why are you treating me like I've never touched a weapon?" She asked, slightly confused and hurt. "It's not like I haven't been held at gunpoint by someone!"

What if I hold you at gunpoint?

I tried to ask the question, but it just caught in my throat. I still couldn't tell her the truth. What was really going on with me. It's always 'I'm just tired.' Or 'I'll be okay!' It's never the truth. "If we take this mission, I just don't know if I'll always be there to protect you if you need help. There's no backup!" I tried to create excuses. They were all pathetic.

"This mission is an undercover mission at a rising rival Mafia." She said, unimpressed. "And Papyrus is sick, so I guess you have to deal with me." She said. "So I say we just head over there, everything will be fine, and we gather the information we need without a single bullet firing." She said. "After the whole Chara thing, we may have another Mafia of Monsters! There were monsters fleeing from our Mafia!"

Her points are all good! I can't come up with a single bad one except for 'I can't be there for you if he takes over!'

Go ahead. Take her in the mission. =)

"Sure, Frisk." I grinned. "I'll let you come on the mission with me. It was selfish of me to think that you couldn't be an asset to this mission." I smiled. "Say..." He said. "I think we should just ...take a shortcut there. What do ya say?" He grinned.

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!

"I thought you couldn't use your magic?" She said, skeptically. "Yeah, because of your cracked soul! Oh my god I completely forgot! You haven't been using your magic recently, have you?" She looked around. "Let me see your soul." She said, holding out her hand.

"No!" I yelled, coming back to my own senses. "I can use my magic now, Alphys has me on some medication to stabilize my magic and my soul." I lied. I never went to Alphys like Asgore ordered. "Let's just go. We can take the short cut. Hold onto me." I grumbled, evading the subject once more.

How long can I keep this up?

She grabbed my shoulder and I teleported to the location sent from our spies, I was a little pissed, not from Frisk though. "Alright" She said. "We're here. Do you have the fake ID's?" She asked, looking at me.

Of course we have the Fake ID's. Are you stupid?

"Yeah. They're in my pocket." I said, shoving my hand into my right pocket. I pulled out two fake ID's for the mystery mafia and have Frisk her's. "But it on your right breast pocket. That's what the spy said." I said, putting in mine as ordered by Asgore and the Mystery person. I then took out my phone and texted Asgore we're heading in. We shouldn't be gone for more than 2 weeks. If we're not out by then, something has happened.

"Ready?" I said, numbing her on the shoulder and chuckling. "First mission with me!" I said as enthusiastically as possible. She didn't laugh. "Bad joke. Got it." I heard a small stifle of laughter, I was satisfied with that. "I heard that." I grinned.

She's so adorable.
She's getting in our way.

"You did not!" She said, pushing me slightly. I laughed, "okay. Time to go in, I guess." She said, getting serious once more.

Just breathe. Everything will be alright. It'll be an in and out thing. Gather information, get out. If he wants to come out, you're stronger than him. Frisk won't get hurt. She won't get hurt.

"Okay." I said, after a moment of staring at the card-key door. I swiped the card to open the door, only to hear the beep of the unlocking clicking sound. The door was unlocked. "Here we go." I said, looking at her.

Disappearing into the mystery mafia, I guess you could call it, the sounds of gunshots and screams echoed through the wooded area.