CHAPTER 8: False Information

Frisk POV:

One and a half long hours later I arrived at April's Apartment.
I shouldn't say Apartment.

Leaving the wasteland of a City felt refreshing for a change, and I could finally breathe in as much air as I wanted without my throat burning from the intense airborne chemicals in the air of my hometown.
Though I'm only an hour and a half out, so I'm not quite that safe yet from the radiation poisoning.
It's better than nothing.

Still, it's great for a change in scenery and a sense on freedom. I thought I was going to go stir crazy living in that crowded HQ and my restrictions on going outside.

I think the only thing keeping me Sane was actually my missions ironically. I was killing people to make myself stay sane, that's a pretty messed up way to look at it.

I look up at this girl's apartment, and I quickly chuckle a sad laugh, knowing we had been given false information, like I suspected. It was too easy.

What if the other information was a trap? What if this is a trap? What if I was followed? My senses sharpened.

The building was falling apart, the slightest step you took it seemed and the building would crumble into soft bits of dust, it's bricks had been blown to pieces and black sludge had been smeared across the sides like some animal had died there long ago. The door was also no longer there.

"Looks like I don't hafta knock." I giggled slightly, trying to lighten up my own mood about doing this.

I cover my nose at the smell the horrid place was giving suddenly, I felt like I could puke, I believed dead carcasses had been rotting here for a while now, but that's just me.

Why hadn't I smelled that before? Maybe I was so excited to finally get out and away from HQ for a while, despite my very long infiltration of Triad.

Man I'm so needy aren't I?

I hop off my bike and park it inside another more stable building, so that I actually had a way of getting home and scanned the area just in case on hidden security cameras, since, well,

This was apparently April's House.
And if this was "April's House" then it's bound to have security. I rolled my eyes.

"I am not going in there." I said, frowning and pointing towards the building as if I was talking to someone for them to go in first.

I sigh to myself and take out my phone once more and press Alex's contact, giving him a ring.
"Frisk? Why do you call? I'm busy." He said harshly.

"Wow, that's one way to greet a friend." I reiterated sarcastically and cocking one leg to fit the personality better.

"What do you want? Aren't you doing a task?" He said, his tone narrowing to a suspicious one. I quickly came out of the stance and started to look back up at the old building, the old town, the old...

Everything.

"Yes, I just wanted to ask ya, how recent are these living arrangements for April?" I questioned. I heard a distant 'uummm' and shuffling of papers before I heard some clear rolling and him clearing his throat.

"Updated one year ago. Fairly recent." He said, answering my question and making me coming closer to my hypothesis on this situation.

"And any bombings within 50 miles of HQ?" I questioned, hearing the distant sounds of the typing of keyboard keys on a computer before Alex speaking up once more.

"None here. We would have been notified immediately if there was a bombing that close. What is this about?" He asked, his tone getting weary, but still trying to maintain his sophisticated composure.

"I knew it. The information on this sheet is fake. It can't be trusted." I stated bluntly over he phone, pacing like I usually do when talking to someone over cellphone.

"Ah I see, well, what is the report on the Apartment?" He asked, curious.

"It looks like it had been bombed when the monsters were first let out, then a deer tried to eat the wall or somethin'" I said, my nose wrinkling at the sight of the black sludge on the building.

"I see. Do to the meeting area just in case. The meeting time and place was found in an E-mail she was confirming, since she sent it, we were able to crack it with some sense of difficulty. Lie low in case of a trap. If you see April, you know what to do." He said before quickly hanging up the phone.

Kill.

"Fine. I guess I'll call Max next time instead!" I yelled, frustrated at the black phone where Alex had hung up on me.

I checked the time, 9:30, the meeting is scheduled for 10:30 at an abandoned warehouse.

I am making record timing! Score!

I quickly looked up, and seeing that no one was around, I dashed into the building next door and looked at my motorcycle before deciding what I could possible stash it without it getting stolen.

The warehouse was only a few minutes away, a nice walking distance, I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention whilst i was getting my target.

I sighed, eyeing an old blanket in the lobby of this apartment, it's dusted and torn from the years of laying here on the ground.

I quickly covered my motorcycle and left a small tracker next to it, so I would be able to remember where I had stashed it, because forgetting that would be pretty bad.

I rolled it into a dark corner and made it look like the blanket was just on top of some old debris and made my way out of the apartment, being aware of my surroundings constantly.

At times like this, I would probably be lurking in the shadows, but at 9:37 in the morning, there is really no place to hide.

Just the target.

No one else, got it?

Just lie low and don't be seen. Only kill the target.

Only kill April.

Don't screw this up for both of us.