Chapter 41: Your Soul

??? POV

Mission Failed.
Angie was shot in the head before her other side was developed fully.
Or, at least that what the guards said.

The monsters escaped with frisk and the goat safely, without being injured, unfortunately. This is when I wish that we had an actual agent that had some talent.

We had to wipe Angie's memory using one of the last fluids we owned, and all of that was a waste.
I was going to wipe it eventually, I had to get her off my back about bombing the Monster Headquarters with Frisk still in it.

The new recruits for body guards was a disaster waiting to happen. However, it worked with frisk. How come our experiments worked with the one girl that I though we should have left there?

It's like she had some sort of drive that the rest of the subjects didn't have.

Angie was close to Frisk, but it wasn't enough to shatter her soul. Had she known what we were doing? Can no one really stop her?

Angie needed to watch Frisk die. And Frisk needed to see betrayal like the others. Frisk didn't die from it though.

I think it's a lie. About what the doctors said about these... souls. I can create a super weapon without it, and I'll keep experimenting until they never fail a mission.

Frisk was doing good until now. That stupid skeleton eventually got her, I had to trash her with the rest of the disappointments.

I need another subject. Do we have anymore experiments?

"Do we have anymore?" I asked our lead medical officer, who was sitting in my office at the moment. "Was Angie the last one to awaken?"

"I'm sorry Sir, but yes, Angie was shot before her split persona could awaken and she was the last one. We could try-" he tried to go on, hinting we could try the last failed experiment again. The split persona trials had been all fails.

"We are not wiping their memory until they are stripped from their humanity. They'll kill everyone in the Mafia with no remorse." I said, explaining it to him once again. "Eventually they'll get out of control. I need to control them!"

I sat back down, realizing I had been rising out of my seat.

"Learn from our mistakes and try again. Make more test subjects if you will! I'll wait another 10 years if we have to take another kid!" I fumed.

"We could start the Soul theories. Monsters rely on their knowledge of the soul, maybe we could find out more." He said.

"We do not need such theories to keep us going. It is all a fantasy. It's all training and manipulation."
"There should be broken kids somewhere. Just like Frisk. All we have to do is manipulate their memories again and we'll have working puppets in a charm." I growled. "Now, go. I'll handle getting the kids."

Just as he got up, he turned around, and looked me dead in the eyes. "Sir, I have just one question." He said, looking down at the ground, losing his confidence.

"Speak. If you may." I said, slightly grinning at the control I had over him.

"Why did you let them go? The monsters, I mean. They had Frisk and our only Monster prisoner." He clutched the chair a bit.

"Because." I said. "The idea is to implement false hope." I grinned.

——

Frisk POV:

"She's got cracks in her SOUL, Alphys! You can't do something about it like ya did mine?!" Sans motioned towards me with his hands. I had just sat there quietly, and my had was to the ground. My hands were folded into my lap as I just sat there with lifeless eyes.