CHAPTER 53: New Clothes

So I don't know if you guys read the announcement I posted, but, chapters may slow a bit. . .

Don't worry! Hehe~
——

"What happened to me?"

"You were hurt severely in your last task. You barely made it out alive."

"Damn.. I can't remember.. was I that reckless?"

"It was a worthy opponent to take down. You're lucky you came out with our life."

"I must have amnesia. Did I hit my head?"

"Yes. You were knocked from behind."

"Everything is slightly fuzzy for me. I Remember a name..? Frisk? Who's that?"

"She was.. your task. You were supposed to assassinate her. However, she was killed, you reported."

"What was the cause of death?"

"She died in a fire, you reported. She was in the apartment complex when it bursted into flames."

"I see. How long was I out?"

"Two days. You know you must be careful with that low Hp and unstable magic, Sans."

"I have unstable magic? I will have be more careful. I think I can remember my training. I'll have to get back into practice."

"Rest up, my friend. You have nothing to worry about."

"You're the boss around here. Thanks, Asgore."

Sans POV:

Walking outside and into the open air, I breathed a sigh of relief to not feel cooped up inside those small quarters.
I glanced behind me, eyeing Frisk for a bit to make sure she didn't try to run like last time.

She's apart of the Mafia now, stupid. She's not going to run. She has no where to go.

Her face had a look of relief too, almost the same as mine. She hadn't really been outside much with her time here, and I had noticed her skin was starting to pale once more.

She had been tanned and sunburnt during the explosions. I had forgotten to move her once more away from he beams of the sun.

The slight breeze slew her hair to the side, and I turned back around and shoved my hands into my pockets.
"Hurry up, kid." I said, like I had not seen her face of excitement once she saw the stores and shops around. "You're slow."

She immediately ran to my side, a slight hop to her run. She was happy. Good.
I needed her to stay that way so her soul wouldn't grow any darker than it should be.

"Dreamurr" huh? If that's what she really means then..-

"So, where are we shopping?" She said, almost too excitedly for the situation at hand.
She doesn't understand the situation. She doesn't realize how complicated his matter is.

"I know a shopkeeper that we will visit." I said, making out the way we needed to go. "It's not far from here. I've known her for a while." I said, keeping my voice as calm as I could.

I didn't engage in much of the conversation that she tried to start. Probably feeling uncomfortable from the stagnating silence between us.
However, the air was fresh, and there were monsters on the sidewalks, talking and minding their own business.

Frisk caught a couple of stares, monsters wondering what had come to the Mafia's minds to let a human into our 'secret' HeadQuarters.

We were almost finished cleaning up, and we were working on repairs non-stop. Good thing we had building magic.