CHAPTER 55: The Machine

School is so much fun! The campus is so big and the food here is awesome!
I thank you guys for waiting.
One more week of school! Haha

I've been super busy 🙄
So without further adieu...
——

"How is it going with the soul work?"

"It's going well! Frisk's soul is stable with the other trait! This should be our strongest weapon yet!"

"Good. We cannot let Alex know about this, you know."

"Why is that?"

"As the lead scientist, I think that learning is good. It's important. Alex doesn't believe in souls."

"So are you saying ever since we've started this project, Alex hasn't known?!"

"That is correct."

"We've been messing with people without orders for all these years?! This will get us killed if he finds out!"

"Now now, if he never finds out, then we will never get killed, correct?"

"Y-yes!"

"Get back to work. I need to do a report. For all he knows it's an infection of something I created, not extracted from a little girl in our freezers."
"We're lucky we had some intel about souls while we had the chance. Monsters will do anything if it means they get their lives.
Isn't that right.... our bunny friend?"

Frisk POV:

Walking back into the lab after no more than 2 days of being away from it, I smelled the old, musty sent of the run down building.
It was clean, yes, however, the building was in rough shape.
Because of the bombing a few weeks ago, the hospital was relocated as soon as possible. This one isn't so nice.

Sans had been acting weird ever since I told him my last name.. is there something wrong?

When I awoke from my coma, I was in
C. H. E. S. S.' hospital. I was very young and they took care of me for the rest of this point.

The only thing I could remember when I woke up was my name and a few characters that were blurry. Just blobs of color and the sounds of voices.

Over time I fully forgot about them. I tired to remember, but it was no use to try. They always remained so distant in my memory.
I had always wondered what put me in the hospital on that day, C. H. E. S. S. said it was a monster attack, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

They've lied to me all this time. Why would that be true too? They practically raised me. Anything they could have told me was a lie!

I suddenly wanted to cry. I wanted to curl in a ball and cry my eyes out just from the confusion and conflicted feelings I was feeling. I wanted to get rid of my split personality. The personality that hurts people and makes them suffer.
I've hurt people before, but it was my job. My mission. My task. I always did a quick death, not torturing them until they take their last breath.

Sans lead the way, his hands stuffed in his pockets like usual. His lazy posture and slouched back.
He was silent. As if he were waiting for something.

He took a right into another room. A room I had never been in before, with a giant machine that looked ...dangerous.

Alphys stood facing it, holding a control panel and messing with it. A few beeps and clicks of her claws could be heard In the echoing room.

The machine was enough to fit a person inside. A grown man, or maybe two. It was super spacious and was hooked up with wires and tubes hanging out.
It was eerie.