CHAPTER 65: Confusion

Heya! November is coming up! Marching band will be starting to take more of my time, but I'll pull through.
(Surprisingly I have all A's...)

——

"That damn liar." I repeated, rocking on my tailbone. Back and fourth. Back and fourth. "She's such a damn liar."
I held my own head, giggling a bit. My eyes widened at my own thoughts and insanity.

"I won't stop until she's mine." =)

——

Frisk POV:

These memories? Where are they coming from? I have the visions- the feelings- the everything.

Everything has been a lie? Why did I forget? My brain can't wrap around this.
My childhood. My everything that was taken away from me. Should I have told him?

But most importantly:
Why has no one remembered me? Has it just bee that long? My name should still be in the systems.

"Hey- Hey!" Sans grabbed my shoulders and shook me a bit. "Calm down! Okay?!" His eyes only held worry for me in them, like I was the only person he had on his mind at the moment.

Probably because I'm freaking out. I'm overreacting, aren't I?
I can't think.
I can't breathe.
I can't do anything! I need to lie down for a minute.

"Frisk!" He called again, looking into my eyes. We were stopped in the middle of the hallway, it was quiet and empty. The lightness of the walls weren't comforting in this situation, and the red carpet in the hallways seemed to vibrant for my eyes to withhold. "I finally got you to respond." He sighed in relief. "You just stopped." He said, easing the grip on my shoulders a bit.

"Sorry." I muttered through my choked sobs. There were too many memories flooding though my brain, too many feelings I didn't know how to handle. They kept coming in different waves, like a sea of emotions knocking me down every time I was remotely able to stand back up.

Both anger and happiness. Confusion, too.
Nothing makes sense. Why Sans out of all people forgot me? Alphys too. Even Papyrus and Undyne.
I didn't think they would because I know they love me, but I really didn't expect Sans to forget.

"Now," Sans said, straightening his back a bit and letting go of my shoulders. At least he was a bit more relaxed. "Tell me what's going on?" He asked, crossing his arms. "How do you know all of this?"
He leaned on the wall as he bent a knee in a lazy stance, as if he wasn't trying to sound too direct and intimidating.

He doesn't remember me? Did he forget all of the happy memories we shared in the underground?
Stacking hotdogs? I still need to beat my old record..

"I- uh.." I stammered, fumbling over my own words. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Sans was always the person I had trusted with my secrets, he was my best friend.
And my best friend had forgotten about me. Does that mean he was really my best friend at all? There had to be a reason, I could feel it in my soul.

"Come on, Frisk. You were bawling your eyes out earlier, don't you dare say a word along the lines of 'it was nothing' because obviously it wasn't." He got defensive once more after a minute or two of silence. I would answer him if it weren't for the internal battle I was struggling to win.

He doesn't remember you.
They all don't remember you.
It's been so long since I've really seen them all.

"How did you know what Snowdin was, Frisk? I'm not joking around." He pushed further a moment after he said his previous statement, but my mouth remained clamped shut due to the choking sobs that begged to escape from it. I started to shake, but I tuned out his voice to listen to my own.

He said he'd protect you in the outside world. That even if humans were scary, he'd be there to back me up in the end.
...He said that it would be okay.

"Why did you take me here?" I asked, avoiding his questions, catching him slightly off guard, I may have cut him off a bit, but hell to that, I needed my questions answered.
I wanted my best friend back.

"Don't avoid the questions I'm asking yo-" he tried to angrily take back control of the conversation. He has a soft heart, he would give in eventually.

"Why did you take me here?" I raised my voice, cutting him off. I hugged myself, forcing the words out of my mouth with as much effort as I could. There were tear marks that stained my cheeks, and the hallway was quiet and listening.

There was a moment of consideration from him, that moment of silence really had me wondering if I had angered him for real. But that fear of his patience wearing thin quickly faded when I heard a deafening sigh.
I sighed in relief quietly. The tension in my own body had been building up rapidly and I didn't want to yell at him anymore. I was too tired.

Say something!

"Asgore's orders." He spat in defeat. "It was a change of plans due to my last mission on you." He sighed relaxing a bit, "It's hard to believe he wanted me to assassinate you, right?" He chuckled, uncrossing his arms.

My heart stopped, but he kept speaking. My breathing hitched a bit as my eyes widened.

"He would have never known that the kid he wanted me to kill would join his Mafia."
I covered my mouth to cover the coking sobs that came after that. Dad wanted to sans to kill me?

"H-Hey! Don't cry even more!" Sans loosened his posture and walked over to me swiftly with a look of worry plastered back onto his skull; the look of amusement was gone. "He doesn't want ya dead now! He knows you're in the Mafia." He tried to reassure me, but he didn't know what was swirling in my mind.

Like a storm of emotions. Did mom have a say in this? Why did Sans agree to the mission?
Did he really forget about me when I was kidnapped?

Maybe they thought I contributed to
C. H. E. S. S.'s plans. They thought I was the enemy-
I did work for C. H. E. S. S..
Why did I do that? I didn't know about them. When did I forget?

How did I forget?
How COULD I forget? My family, my friends, how could I just abandon them like that?
There's got to be more to the story than this.

"We should get back to the apartment." Sans suggested, patting my shoulder twice and straightening the cut sleeve that he had mended earlier. "You look worn out, and in need of a shit ton of ice cream." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

There's only one way to find out.

"No." I responded, looking down at my stitches that he had successfully threaded through my skin. "I don't want to go to the apartment." I stated, looking him in the sockets.

"Where to, then?" He asked, stepping back slightly due to the closeness of our bodies. Personal space. I get it.

In my head I debated the name I had wished to call him, the man who's supposed to care for you, not the other way around. In a demanding tone, I looked back to the ground;

"Take me to Asgore."