CHAPTER 92: Chara is there

I'd say all of you are going to be happy about this chapter. I'll give you a spoiler. We're finally getting some Frans. :D

——

Frisk POV:

I sobbed and cried into Sans' shoulder for a few minutes, thankful that he was allowing me to let out everything locked inside of myself. I hugged him tighter, not wanting to let go. I didn't want to face the challenges ahead of me. She was too strong.

How am I supposed to do this? How am I supposed to be strong?

"H-How..." I tried to ask, staring at my reflection in the knife he had set aside to stop me. "H—" I chocked on my own sobs once more.

God damn it! Just quit crying and ask the questions you want to ask!

"How did I find you?" Sans asked. I only nodded. I couldn't stop shaking. "That's easy." Sans said. "You forgot about the tracker inside your phone." He said. "It only took me this long because Alphys couldn't they the system up for a while." He said, stroking my hair slightly to calm my nerves. "It's okay. You don't need to do this. There is always another way."

I had completely forgotten about the tracker! It completely slipped from my mind. I suppose when you have something else on your mind, everything sorta just... slips by.

"But.... everyone—" I tried to say, however, I couldn't even finish a sentence. I couldn't believe I had let myself become blind of those who loved me. They would be so hurt. "Chara.." I attempted to bury my face even deeper into his neck and shoulder area to conceal my sobs and sniffles. His shirt was wet with my tears.

"They're all safe. I left this morning." Sans said. "I left Papyrus and everyone else back at home in case of a potential attack." Sans said.

Then it hit me.

I had been so destroyed about my plan failing and coming to a stop, I had not realized how much time had passed with me crying on Sans like that.

"How long have we been like this?" I said, my eyes puffy and glossy from the tears. I looked into his eye sockets with worried eyes and grabbed his shoulders. Our faces were close and serious.

What if Chara has already made it to the HeadQuarters?! She's had all day!

His face was calm; my face was scared. It's obvious he wasn't thinking what I was thinking. "I'd say 15 minutes or so. It's okay. I'm here as long as you need." He said, letting out a sad smile. A genuine smile, in fact. I hate that I'm the one who is going to ruin the moment.

"Sans. We can't stay here." I said, sniffling once more. His skeletal thumb wiped an incoming tear that was dripping down my cheekbone. "Chara—" I tried to say. He didn't understand the severity of the situation.

"I told them to contact me if there was anything wrong." Said Sans. "We can stay here; let it all out. I'm here for you, always." Sans said. "I made a promise, didn't I?" He chuckled. My eyes widened. He couldn't possibly remember everything, could he?! "And that look on your face," Sans chuckled once more. "No, I don't remember everything." He said. "Just bits and pieces." He smiled.

I couldn't refrain myself from giving him another tight hug. Not of sadness this time, but happiness. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That promise, that he would always be by my side. He remembered!

"Sans..." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck for a hug. "You have no idea how much that means to me." I can't, laughing slightly. In reality, I was crying once more. Not of sadness and desperation, but of happiness for the first time in my life. I had never cried happy tears ever. "Thank you."

"No problem kiddo." I would practically hear his grin from behind me. He rubbed my back for a few seconds, before we both mutually let go.

It was then I realized in the darkness of that night, how much Sans cared and protected me. All throughout his life, memories or no memories, he would always be there for me. It made me and my soul happy to know someone like him had my back. Always.

I giggled slightly, noticing the fluttery feeling in my chest that had been there for quite a while now, was back. I took out my ponytail to re-do it, after it had fallen out, my hair was annoying and in my face. His hands stopped mine from grabbing a bundle of hair once more.

"Keep it down." He said, patting my shoulder. "Trust me on that." He said with a smile. I did as he asked, tucking most of it that was in my face, behind my ears.

"So this is ...Jonathan?" Alex glanced in Jonathan's direction, who was sitting impatiently in the chair.

"Mhm!" I smiled, grinning wide to calm him down for the mean time.
What was he so afraid of? Alex is a nice guy.

"And you two are ... 'in love'?" Alex said with a slight hint of disgust in his tone.

I shook my head. I can't think about that. We're friends. Being more than friends with anyone is .... bad.

Suddenly, Sans' ringtone goes off. The same electronic music that played a couple of days ago. "Excuse me." He held of his finger with with a smile, he said, "hello?" There was muffled audio from the other line. I could almost make out what the woman on the other line was saying due to the closeness of us, but I was too far away in the end. "Undy—?"

It sure doesn't sound like Undyne. It sounds too... nervous. The sentence was in fragments and the voice of the female was too high pitched to be Undyne's.

Sans' face went from a smile to a frown in a matter of seconds. Whatever he was being told wasn't good. His eyes grew wide and his breathing became irregular. "A-Alright! I'm on my way! STAY. THERE." He said, trying to calm the other person on the line down. He closed the phone and looked at me. "Chara is at  the HeadQuarters. Undyne is severely injured and she's got Asgore." He said in a panicked tone. "Come on." He said, getting up swiftly.

"Sans! It'll take all night to drive back!" I said, worriedly. "You shouldn't have left! You're the mafia's most powerful asset! We both are! We fell right into this!" I explained rapidly.

"I shouldn't have left?! I shouldn't have left?!" He said, he was hurt. "You almost KILLED yourself! I'm sure as hell glad I left!" I said, rubbing his skull. He whispered something to himself and held out his hand. "Take my hand." He said.

"Sans, you can't take a short cut. It's too far away. It'll hurt yo—" I tried to reason with the panicked skeleton. He wasn't listening.

"FRISK! Just grab my damn hand, or we'll be too late!" He said, obviously irritated. "Papyrus might be in trouble! I need to get there as fast as possible!" He yelled.

"NO!" I said. "Not if it's going to kill you in the process!" I said. "I can't lose you! Just like you can't lose me!" I said, putting my hands behind my back. "We can drive and floor it, but I WILL NOT put your life in danger!" I said. "For both my mine and Papyrus' sake."

"Fine." Sans said. "You leave me no choice." He said, using blue magic on my soul to bring me closer. "If we're not fast enough, there won't be a Papyrus' sake." He said, grabbing my shoulder.

"SANS!" I said, as we 'took a short cut' to MMO HeadQuarters.