CHAPTER 71: He hates it

??? POV:

It is time.

——

Sans POV:

Papyrus! No!

"NYEH HEH HEH!" He gleamed with happiness. "YOU TWO ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITED FOR MY SPAGHETTI TONIGHT!" Papyrus yelled happily. "I CANNOT WAIT! I JUST CANNOT WAIT!" He jumped slightly I the elevator, making it shake slightly.

God I just cant spoil his happiness. Is there a lie I can come up with that he'll believe?

The dim light of the elevator flickered as I entered my own thoughts; I could tell Frisk was already deep inside her own, trying to figure out a way out of Papyrus' grasp.
He still had her sleeve, and I was still in his arm like a stuffed animal. Usually, we would laugh about this, however, this wasn't a time to joke around.

I have to get to the cells before Chara realizes that she could be strong enough to break through it. If she got out, only Asgore knows what she would do.

"Papyrus!" I said quickly, "why don't you put me down, and let go of Frisk?" I said, in a slightly panicked voice. "Then you can go home and cook the spaghetti, while we run out real quick?" I said, with pleading eyes, hoping that he would get the memo.

Please say yes. Please say yes.

"WHY DO YOU TWO WANT TO RUN OFF ALONE SOMEWHERE?! DO YOU NOT ENJOY MY COOKING ANYMORE BROTHER?!" He exclaimed, slightly shocked and saddened at the same time. His voice sounded hurt and confused. He turned his head towards me to look me in the eyes, his strong form holding me up firmly, despite how much I weighed. "WELL?!" He said, his eyes holding the story of a boy that has been lied to.

Can I tell him that he's in danger?
No, he'll want to pay the hero part again. He'll want to help her, and with the amount of LV that she could have acquired, she's long from saving.

"It's not that!" I said shaking my head. "I just have to clear something up with Asgore, so I need to go to his office as soon as possible." I said, nodding, as if I wanted to believe my own lie. "Frisk has to be there too, though. He wants her there." I said, continuing.

"WHAT COULD BE SO IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME OF THE DAY?! ARENT YOU OFF DUE TO FRISK'S ARRIVAL?" He said, the innocence obscuring his vision from the bigger picture in the situation. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND, SANS. YOURE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE." He said, the elevator making a happy ding of approval.

The doors opened, and the crisp cool air of the second level caused me to exhale, seeing my breath as I would in Snowdin. I looked over to Frisk, who's cheeks were starting to turn rosy, like the human's faces tend to do if they're cold.

We should get her a jacket sometime.

"I'm SAYING that me and Frisk need to book it, and you should hang here to make your spaghetti." I said, gritting my teeth as we stepped off the elevator.

Papyrus, out of every time you could have been stubborn today, you choose now, out of all times..

"Papyrus." Frisk spoke up for the first time in this conversation. "Listen." She said in a serious voice, which surprised Papyrus, actually.

Don't tell him the truth, I beg of you. Don't let him play the hero, he'll get hurt. He's not ready to face a human, he doesn't know what their capable of.

I gave her a look that tried explaining that, but I didn't quite make the cut. She looked at me confused after pausing for a second, but continued after seeing that she had caught his attention. "We found a new spaghetti recipe, and that is old valid for a limited time today." She said, the lies coming out like a fluid waterfall. "We were going to bring it home and surprise you, but you caught us. We're on a time crunch, and we'd really like to have you try it." She said smoothly.