CHAPTER 11: Task

Sans POV:
Ayyy its Snas! I wouldn't leave you guys without a Snas POV here and there.

"This one. That's her." I said, pointing to the obscured face on the camera.

I was pissed.

Not only did someone assassinate our only informational source on C. H. E. S. S., But we lost one of it members today as well.

We had been E-mailing once every month to do a informational check-up Incase she had gotten caught and arrested, so we would have some information.

But before she died, April was trying to warn us, as if she had just learned about it a few days ago.

"Are you positive?" He looked at me with confident eyes. Chief Asgore.

"Absolutely. How is that possible?!" I asked, putting my hands on the large desk.
He only furrowed his eyebrows and interlaced his fingers with his own.

"As far as I know," he began, "you were the one that reported of her death." He looked at me slightly. I flinched.

Yes, that is true.
I'm the one who reported of Frisk's death. I thought I had seen it with my own eyes, as she walked into that burning building, and never came out.

A few days later there was a report on all who had died, Frisk being one of them.

Originally, I had been assigned to kill her before any of this happened, but I couldn't do it. I only towered over her as a threat, and let her go, little did I know, her fate had already been decided.

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my skeletal hands up in the air. He was sitting calmly, in his chair and leaned over onto his elbows in a discreet manner as I backed away.

"Well, According to what we have gathered witnessed today, that is most certainly untrue." He growled lowly, "She is a threat to the MMO, and everyone in it."

I stayed silent, I couldn't believe that she was actually alive, all this time, I could have completed that lousy task and been done with this ordeal.

"Well, what do you want me to do about it?!"

"Find her, and kill her." He said harshly. "You're one of the best fighters in the Mafia, Sans. Don't disappoint me this time."

There was a long moment of silence, as I thought through my answer in my head. I eventually came with the smart choice of deciding to agree, seeing how he was my boss and all.

"Yes sir." I replied, seeing the satisfaction in his eyes.

"Good. Now, since we thought she was dead, we don't have very much information on the girl. Just take your time and report back to me in a month. If you find anything sooner, come to me." He said strictly.

"Yeah, yeah." I said, rolling my eyes.
He gestured his head towards the door, signaling I was free to leave.

I paused for a second, like I was going to say something more, but left the conversation where it stood, not wanting to stir any more complications than I had already created for the Mafia.

As I walked out the door, Asgore called to me, "Pleasure doing business with you, Sans."

I only nodded, and continued walking out of his office, and back into the main hall.

As I closed the door, I let out a deep sigh, and slumped my shoulders over in a lazy manner. Papyrus was outside, his eyes twinkling like a small child's.

His white button. Up shirt and brown trousers matched mine, except for the long black tie around the collar of his shirt for fashionable preferences.
He also had a pair of gloves on, since he deals with Malay weapons such as bats, or his preference, a bone.

Though he never carried it around, having no need for it unless of an emergency, like an ambush attack, he'll summon it with one thought using some of his magic.

My preference was a gun, but everyone has their own style of attack.

Even if it's assassination.

But despite his rather brutal way of attack, he was still just like a kid, the Mafia didn't taint him like I thought it would.
The first kill was a disaster though, I couldn't get him to talk for weeks.

He never kills unless absolutely necessary. Other than that, he just knocks them out and someone else is left to do with him or her.
But this case is different.

"SO?!" He squealed, his eyes meeting my relaxed gaze. "HOW'D IT GO?!" He asks me every time I walk into that stupid office.
I told him I might get a promotion soon.

"Like any other meeting." I'd always reply, no matter what was said in there, I'd always reply with the same answer, and with the same answer, I'd get the same reaction. Like it was the first time we would have that conversation.

"DON'T WORRY! YOU'LL GET IT NEXT TIME!" He said, gleefully.

I started walking, and he strutted up next to me and tried to start up a conversation.
"SO, DID WE FIND OIT WHO OUR ASSASSIN WAS?" He said, getting straight to the point.

"Yup." I stretched a bit, chuckling.

"AND??" He beamed, not bothering to hide the excitement in his eyes.

"It's the girl that I couldn't assassinate 7 years ago." I said, "Frisk."

"AW! I THOUGHT I WOULD BE SOMEONE COOL LIKE ON THE TOP WANTED BOARDS!" He complained as we walked down the hallway and down to my car.

"She is on the top boards." I replied casually.

"IS NOT! I CHECK EVERY DAY!" He shouted, slightly offended that I questioned him.

"Is too. She was reported dead after cameras caught her walking into that burning Apartment complex. How she is alive? That's the question."

"OH. I GUESS SHE IS KIND OF COOL IF SHE FAKED HER OWN DEATH. BUT NOT AS COOL AS ME!" He practically laced his voice in narcissism. My bro is so cool.

"I guess." I said,saving out the details of us having the job of actually killing her, rather than taken her in as a prisoner.

As we walked out of boss' building and onto the streets, I took a deep breath of 'fresh' air.

Our HQ was a small ways away from this place, but Papyrus and I were staying near the city we found Frisk so we could get the job done, along with some other tasks at the warehouse.

Our actual HeadQuarters were located in some of the most radiated parts of the city, since, as we discovered, monsters take no effect of the radiation.

We don't have the genetic makeup to actually get radiation poisoning, So logically, we tell humans we are prone to get radiation poisoning, and then build out HQ where humans can't go.

I pull out my keys and unlock the car from across the lot.

"CAN I DRIVE?"

"No"