CHAPTER 37: Back home?

Exams and end of the year testing is coming up, ALONG with spring training for Marching band.

So, I'll be staying after school till like 8:00 pm every day.
Expect a REALLY big drop in updates for now. Then they'll pick up after May ends, I swear.

Frisk POV:

Shooting my head up in surprise, I hadn't realized I fell asleep until I had woken up.

The tranquilizers must have marked me as an intruder. But why?

Why did it deny my fingerprint?

Sending my own head backwards, I hit it roughly on the back of a wall, sending a wave of pain through my nerves.

Instinctively, I tried to reach my hand towards my head to reassure myself that it wasn't bleeding, but, I couldn't.

Directing my attention towards my hands, and the surface I was sitting in, my ankles and wrists had been tied up, yet again, but to a chair.

In front of me was a pull-out table, with metal legs and small rubber covering at the ends.

The walls were a dark green, and the floor was still stone. A lone security camera sat hidden in the darkness of the corner.

From the ceiling, a single light hung there.

Staring straight, I noticed the one-sided glass that sat there, making the room seem smaller sure to its horizontal stature across the room from corner to corner.

But, this didn't surprise me with all of the wanted posters everywhere, what surprised me the most, was a small emblem imprinted into the table from its manufacturer.

It was two chess pieces. A king and a pawn. Diagonally crossing each other slightly in front of a checkerboard.

Of course it didn't have any color due to money purposes, but I was sitting, strapped up, in
C. H. E. S. S. Headquarters.

I don't understand! Why am I here?!
Why am I strapped down?

And why did my god-forsaken fingerprint not work?!

Now, unfortunately, I was freaking out.

Startled by my own confusion, I jumped slightly, and let out a squeak when the doorknob harshly turned and opened.

The man himself in his white suit, glasses and everything. It was him.

"Alex! What is the meaning of this?!" I shouted harshly once he stepped inside the small interrogation room fully.

He said nothing, but carried a small folder of documents, and sat down in the chair I didn't notice earlier across from me.

"Untie me, goddamn it! Alex!" I shouted, my violent words weren't helping my situation.

"Do you know what we do here?" He said, crossing his arms, and laying out the folder onto the table.

"I WORK here!" I said, snapping at him. "Of course I know!"

He flinched slightly at my words, but then regained his stone-cold composure. His mask.
"Do you know what our emblem means?" He spoke calmly.

"The whole king and pawn?" I questioned. He nodded and allowed me to continue with my sentence. "The pawns are the first thing to protect the king." I said, remembering my first day here.

He told me that. What's gotten into him? Why am I still tied up?

"You're wrong." He said, his glasses glinting slightly off of the single light in the room.

"I just repeated what you told me on my first day here. What's gotten into you? Let me go!" I struggled against the ropes, genuinely confused at this manner.

Aren't I supposed to get a welcome back? A "hey! Sorry about almost killing you!"?

"Therefore, you are incorrect." Alex said, kicking me out of my thoughts.

"Why are you acting so weird-" I tried to talk once again, but was cut off by the asshole in front of me.

"The pawn is useless." He began, capturing my attention. "The king uses the pawns, but they are thrown away over time. They take up space, and time. They are just, well- pawns." He said, looking through the folder.
"You, Frisk Dreamurr, are just a pawn."

My eyes went wide at his statement. I couldn't process what he was telling me, I couldn't understand. Didn't they want me here?

"You aren't the first super weapon we have had, and you certainly won't be the last." He continued. "However, many people know of your existence, and you have been to other mafias, which puts our Mafia at risk." He then pulled out a paper, the ID's similar to the monsters that had brought me to HQ in hope of a ransom.

"Why were you with these two?" He asked, flipping over the papers.

"I was kidnapped." I tried to say, turning to the wanted poster on the folder. "How did you get that-"

Did he go through their stuff? I'm innocent!

"Wrong. You were working with MMO." He concluded, glancing up at the camera for a split second.

Is he... framing me?
Is he trying to make t seem like IM the guilty one?!

"I would never! What the actual fuck, Alex?!" I fumed, obviously angry, and my eyes held a slight glint of red.

"You let them infiltrate the base, didn't you? Leading them here?" He concluded once more, showing the pictures of me on the ground, not tied up, and then passed out.

"You've got it wrong!" I tried to say over the camera mic, trying to see if whomever was watching could hear me.

"You wanted us all to die, didn't you?!" He got up, and slammed his fists onto the table as if he were heartbroken. "If you threaten the safety of our organization, then you must serve punishment." He looked at me with a small smirk on his lips.

"Alex, I devote my life to this Mafia, and i have done everything in my power to get back here!" I vetted my teeth in anger. "IF ANYTHING, YOU, are the one who SENT ME on a SUICIDE MISSION!" His smirk didn't falter, only widen just a little bit as I fumes even more, trying to reach out to grab him,

"Your signs of aggression are common, and I ask you to calm down, or I will have to use defensive tactics." He reaches behind him, from what I presume was a taser, and kept t there in case he needed to grab it.

"I can't even MOVE! ALEX! You're not making any sense!" I yelled at him.

"Mrs. Dreamurr, the princess of monsters, I hear-by commend you to death." He said, a sly wink afterwards, and headed out the door.

"ALEX! ALEX YOU BITCH!" I screamed, trying to break free on the ropes that held my wrists there firmly. "I... I thought we were family.." I sobbed, collapsing after he shut the door.

——

??? POV

"Did you get her to confess?" She asked from outside of the door, where I left the screaming girl.

"No. But she showed signs of aggression." I calmly said, handing her the folders. "I don't need these fake photos after all."

I blinked at him. "Why do you want her dead so bad?!"

He only stopped in his tracks before turning back to me smoothly.
"It's because she is the only one who has the potential to kill me." He plainly said, walking away. "And if she ever found out who she truly is, then I'll be a target."

I only stood there in shock.
A man to look up to, who raised a kid like his daughter, was executing her,

Because she could ruin his game.