CHAPTER 70: To protect

Shoutout to Qrow_Is_Bae who just started a new book with Frans and is in need of support!
I LOVE her AU and I'm sure you guys will too! I love the concept.

Alrighty—
THERE WILL BE NO UPDATE WEDNESDAY. I have to go to my grandmother's funeral and I will not have the time.
——

Frisk POV:

Sans pulled me along the hallway and towards the elevator. He seemed distressed, and to be honest, I was too. I was afraid of what the demon on the other side of the HeadQuarters would do to me if she were to get out.

Would she find me? Why does she need to see me? I have so many questions and such little time to get them answered. The only way is to ask them to her myself.

We stepped in and the elevator seemed to slow it's pace unbearingly so. I couldn't stand it. Just move faster! I'm trying to get somewhere!

Time is going by too slow for my own comfort. I need this to speed up. Why isn't Sans teleporting? He seems rushed, when why doesn't he take the 'shortcut'?

Is it because he needs to check out? Another question to add to my growing list.

He was tapping his foot, obviously impatient from the slowness time seemed to drag on in the small elevator. His taps gradually got faster, he couldn't keep a steady rhythm, his heart was probably beating fast.
I looked over some more, trying not to make it obvious I was staring at him in a way that I was worried.

I don't want to make him worry any more and the already is. He's a worrier, but this is something to be worried about.

He was mumbling something under his breath. Quick, agitated words fizzled out of his mouth ever so sharply and in spite of our visitor who has outsmarted us once again. "I can't use my fucking magic." He grumbled again and again, holding his head. "How am I going to..." He looked over at me, catching my wandering eye, and straightened his back. "What are you looking at?" He spat, obviously pissed off from not connecting the dots any sooner than he already did. Or, what he thinks is connected.

He can't use his magic? I can't fight. What happens if she really is out?

Wait—
Since when could Sans not use his magic? Didn't he use it to teleport out of the lobby to get to the hospital where Alphys was treating me?

It seems like his magic works fine. Unless there's something that's happened in the time I've been away, and a lot can happen in 14 years.

"Im just worried." I said, giving him a questioning glance. "Can you use your magic?" I asked, pretending I didn't hear his spiteful words. "You used it earlier, didn't you?" I said, eyeing him carefully to detect any wavering of the eyes or hands. "How come you aren't teleporting is we need to be there so fast?"

There was a pause for s moment, as if he had to think about what to say carefully before telling me. He furrowed what would be his eyebrows and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah. I can use my magic." He said, stuffing his skeletal hands in his pockets. "I mean, yeah, I used it to get Chara and I to the hospital as soon as possible." He said, nodding as he said it. "I just have to be more careful. I have— to check out at the desk, and it's not that far anyways, we'll just have to hurry."