CHAPTER 24: Taking Action

Frisk POV:

I sat up in bed, the old creaking of the large door made me jump and my eye lids flew open at once when I realized I had been asleep.

I was starting to get sick of this dark cellar. The rust and the grime on the walls, as well as the single lightbulb on the ceiling.

Looking down, my stomach turned a bit, knowing that I had coughed up a bit of blood last time I was awake. I could see the slight discoloration of the pink blanket, someone had whipped it clean.

Isn't Sans supposed to like... report my not-so-well behavior?

Reaching up at the corner of my mouth, I could feel that he blood from my mouth was also gone.

So much for caring about my well being..

I groaned and held my head. I had had a painful migraine for a while now, and my mouth was dry.

My stomach growled for food. The noise filling the echoing cellar and the knots forming in my stomach at the thought of eating.

I had noticed a while ago that I had become increasingly pale, and I was still hooked up to the IV, which I probably needed by now anyways.

I had grown used to waking up for a few hours at most, just to fall back asleep for the rest of the day. I was exhausted.

I listened for the visitor I had expected from the loud moan of the door, though, footsteps never followed. It was silent.

There were, that I noticed, two guards standing outside of my cell, probably to stand there 12 hours and rotate out so the others could eat and sleep.

This is all probably because I need my shot for the radiation poisoning. I'm probably just slightly sick.

I thought to myself, but eventually shook my head in defeat.

I need to get out of here. If I'm only getting worse, then there is only one thing that keeping me from getting better.

I looked at my free hands and smirked slightly, for it hurt to move.

"G..guar..ds..." I weakly called out in the silent room. I saw one of them jump slightly, and turn around. I quickly recognized them as the two guards outside the warehouse in that alley I had to cross.

"Yes?" One of them asked in the darkness.

I clutched my arm as if it was in pain and held a look of agony on my face.
"W-will... you help me... s-sit...up?" I breathed slowly, not giving away my act.

The other one zapped awake at my second call, and looked at the first one with unease.

"Please? It... hurts.." I made my voice crack a bit as if I were about to cry.

"Y-yeah! 02! Gimme a hand." The first one called as he unlocked the cell doors.

"Are you sure, man? We aren't supposed to go-"

"Well me are supposed to treat her as a guest." They mumbles amongst each other quickly, the first one eventually gaining success.

They both filed into the room, leaving the door unlocked, and rushing over to my aid.

When the first one came into contact with my arm to help me up, I sprung to life with some unsteady feet, and ripped out the needle in my arm, with 02 in my arms at a chokehold, threatening to stab him in the throat.

"W-whoa! Lady! Put that thing down!" 01 exclaimed, clearly ready for attack.

"If you move, this thing meets his neck." I growled lowly.

He remained silent, I took the opportunity to talk once more. "What did you do to me?"

"Huh?" The first one said.
The second tried to make out some words, but my grip tightened.

"I said, what did you do to me? Why am I getting sicker?"

"I-i don't know! Only the doctor knows!" He exclaimed.

"Throw me the keys." I spat, eyeing the ringed keys on his belt. He did as he was told at the Sake of his friend's life.
The keys landed next to me and I shuffled out of the bed, holding the guard still, picking up the keys.

A bit wobbly at first, I had though I was going to fall over that the sudden movement of my entire body.

I had shuffled near the door, the guard within my grasp, and I squeezed through the open door, throwing the guard and the IV needle back into the cell.

01 scurried to the second one's side, catching him and letting him get a breath for a bit. Mumbling words like 'are you okay?'

I then turned to lock the cell doors behind me, the first guard still had the second him his arms.

"Hey! You're not gonna leave us in here, are you?!" He called desperately to me.

"Someone will find you. Eventually." I breathed. Just that little bit without being in bed had made me dizzy and unstable. It feels as if my other self could come out as a survival instinct.

"H-hey! Wait!" He called as I turned to leave in the midst of the darkness.

I took a few steps forward, ignoring his cries, before being overcome with nausea and stumbled over my own feet.

I landed in the puddles on the floor below, coughing harshly once again from a previous night, getting some metallic crimson liquid on the floor.

It was just dark enough to make you question what was actually on the floor.

My coughs echoed out the cries of the first guard and eventually my own sobs as my throat began to swell, and my stomach started to turn once more.

"Hey. Kid." A familiar voice called, seemingly right next to me. A hand landed on my shoulder as I looked up to a familiar skeleton with his permanent grin plastered onto his face. "I think you're supposed to be in there, not the guards." He pointed toward the cell, obviously joking.

"Sans! Sans! Is that you??" One of the guards called happily.

Has he not seen me coughing? Now that I think about it. I didn't even hear the door open.

I was hunched over and my hand on on the wall, and the other one was supporting my weight on the floor, covering the mess I made.

"The one and only." He responded cheekily to the guards across the hall.

"How did you get in here?" I croaked softly, my voice raspy from the coughing.

"Magic." He chuckled, and pulled my arm to get me back in my cell.

I didn't retaliate, I knew it was no use anyways at this state. But what I didn't expect, was his reaction when he saw my bloodied face from the mouth down.

"W-what the fuck?!" He said, pushing me away slightly, making me cling to the wall, as he looked at my mouth, and then glanced down that the floor where I was hunched over.

"I don't think that's ketchup." He muttered, and grabbed my wrist. "That date will have to wait, guys." He called to the guards, who exclaimed confusing words to us.

"I don't feel so good.." I sighed as a wave of nausea wiped over me, and in a flash I was in a different room, covering in all white tile.

"Alphys! We have a situation!"