CHAPTER 49: His Weakness

Don't judge me you had three chapters in one day. I do what I want. -w-

"Sans doesn't seem to listen."

"I understand. When he sets his mind to something, he doesn't want to stop."

"You've been a good friend of mine for a while now, so I believe this can repay your debt to us."

"Anything, sir."

"Do you know where the flower plantation was when we had our Alliance with
C. H. E. S. S.?"

"You don't mean-?"

"This Frisk search has gone on for far too long. She couldn't survive, and if she did they've already used the flowers on her."

"Sir, I must tell you that using these will-"

"I will be the only one who remembers my daughter. She is distracting our best soldiers with her disappearance."

"How many?"

"With how powerful these flowers are, I will only need around 25 for the entire Mafia. I will grind them up and put them inside the water."

"Are you sure about this, sir?"

"I hired you to steal them from C. H. E. S. S.,
Not ask questions."

"Yes sir."

"I will put posters around some outer cities away from the Mafia for other monsters to see. Maybe she'll see her name and come back."

"How long will it take?"

"As long as it needs to. I regret not telling anyone about this, but it seems like it's the only way to make Sans stop."

"Understood. I'll have them by midnight."

Sans POV:

"O-Oh.. and Sans?" Alphys spoke just as I turned towards the door. Her voice was worried and soft.

"Yeah?" I turned my head towards her, revealing Frisk's sleeping body slightly in her direction.

"F-Figure out what c-causes her switches." Alphys stuttered. "I-If she flips t-to her other self, t-then her soul could get w-worse." She said, looking at the ground.

"Alright. I'll look after her." I said, rolling my eyes.
I don't think I can't not look after her at this point. It's annoying.

"A-Are there any d-defining characteristics of her o-other personality?" Alphys said wearily. She was shifting side to side a little bit, as if she were debating to say something.

Her eyes change color, I know that. It's like herself has these golden eyes. And her other self has these ruby red eyes.

"Not that I know of." I reassured her with a slight grin.
At the moment, I can't alarm anyone. I'll do the research on my own. If C. H. E. S. S. is really managing to combine two souls together, this could be disastrous.

I let out a sigh and she nodded her head.
"Something about her, I get this gut feeling... ya know?" I said, grinning a bit.

"Y-Yeah." Alphys said. "L-Like we're missing something... v-very important..."

It was an understanding silence after that statement. As we be both knew what the other was thinking without having to express it in words.

"Whelp." I said, noticing Frisk was starting to shift positions. "She's going to kill me if she wakes up." I said, mentally sighing to myself.
Why did I sign up for this?

"Let's keep this to ourselves, okay? Just to calm the panic about Frisk." I said.

"A-And I'll s-start putting her file into t-the system." She said, nodding towards me and going back through her papers on the counter.

"Say hello to Undyne for me." I winked, hearing the squeak of surprise come from behind me.

"S-S-!" She tried to say.

"Who's sayin' Hi to me, punk?" Undyne appeared in the doorway as I tried to leave.
My eyes widened a bit because I had to stop myself from running into her with a sleeping human in my arms.

"U-Undyne!" Alphys squeaked soon after

Just the person I wanted to be here. The head of the interrogation unit.
A little white lie never hurt nobody.

"Oh. Heya Undyne." I said lazily. "What brings you here?" I said almost too casually for this situation.

Her eyes immediately darted down towards my skeletal arms, where my sleeves had been rolled up to my elbows and where Frisk was lying.

"More like what brings YOU here?" She looked up at me with a knowing glance, meeting me in the eyes. Her eyes narrowed, obviously suspicious. "And why do ya have the escapee?" She snickered.

Alphys fiddled with her words for a moment before I spoke up. "Just puttin' toots here into the system." I said. "She's our newest member."

Undyne's face didn't budge was she fired her next question at me. "Why is she asleep? In your arms?" Her one red bang covering her eye made her more intimidating than she really was.

Why are you asking me all these questions you nosy fish face?

"She fell asleep at her diagnostic test. She hasn't gotten sleep, you know that." I lazily looked up to meet her eye. "I'm takin' her to the quarters."

She hummed in response, as if analyzing my every move, before smiling really big and patting me on the back with a hearty laugh. "Ohh!! I see what's going on here!" She smiled a toothy grin at me.

"No. It's not wh-" I tried to say, a bead of sweat dripping down my face.

All she did was wave a hand to my face to hush me before giving me a thumbs up, and walked past me silently to Alphys, who was still blushing at the sight of Undyne.

"Anime later, Alphys?" I heard Undyne say, before I walked out of the room entirely.

This girl is going to be the end of my reputation in the Mafia...

Walking out of Section A once more, the hot beat down on my bones brutally. There was few people, thankfully, but it was a long walk-in between sections now that we had to relocate the infirmary.

I might as well put her in a room so she doesn't wake up when Papyrus gets back from his task he took on today from Asgore.

"Eh. I'll take the couch." I sighed. It's only because I don't want to deal with her grumpy tomorrow.

This would be the first time she was slept here without being in a cell, or the hospital. I'm sure she would get some sleep.

I can always check on her soul too. I thought, quickly shaking my head in confusion. I haven't been this caring since Papyrus was sick. What the hell is wrong with me?

Maybe Papyrus was right. I do have a soft heart when the walls come down, but I didn't think it was this soft.

It's disgusting.

Though, shifting my head down to look at her sleeping frame, I quickly looked back up and sighed, eyeing the building labeled Section C.

Let's not let everyone in the Mafia know I've got a weakness.