CHAPTER 94: Frisk

This is a really long chapter. I didn't know where to stop it. The tension just kept rising. ^^;;

I actually cried writing this chapter.

——

Sans POV:

Rushing over to Asgore's office, we eventually fought our way through the hoards of monsters though the streets and sidewalks. Frisk was lagging behind, and I had to yell to get her to catch back up so I wouldn't lose track of her.

That jump really took a lot out of me. I felt my soul crack, there was no doubt about it. My soul was falling apart from these teleports from the past few days. They were needed. She could have gotten hurt.

Since when have I cared about her well being so much? Since when have I cared? When?!

My soul ached from the jump, at least that's what I thought it hurt from. My chest hurt and it was resonating the brightest it's ever done, trying to conserve what little magic I had left to keep my body in tact. I just needed to rest. Sorry Frisk, I need to do this myself. You can't fight.

I'm not going to let her get hurt. I can't do that.
If only I could just use my damn magic! Then this would be a problem solved and a kaput! This whole ordeal would be over!

I turned around to her before we entered the office door. "Now you listen to me." I said, getting pretty serious. "You will do as I say once we are in there. Don't do anything stupid. She's fast. I don't know what tricks she'll pull." I said, pointing my finger at her like an overprotective dad. "Stick close to me. I'm not going to let ya get hurt." I said sternly.

"I don't need your protection!" She whisper-yelled towards me. "You're not going in there! You're not facing Chara! You're in no condition to fight!" She tried to raise my voice, however She was too concerned of Chara's lurking ears behind that door frame. "Listen, Sans, I don't want you getting hurt either. It would kill me if I knew you died." She said, mumbling a small last part to herself. "...for me."

"I'm not going to die! Quit being so morbid!" I said, ruining the moment slightly. "I made you a promise, I'll always be by your side. Always!" I tried to shout as well, but it was failing just as much as when she had tried to execute her plan. "My magic is fine. I can fight." I lied to her as her worried eyes narrowed. "Worry about yourself.— you know what? You're not even going in there. You're staying here. Got it?" I said, changing my entire tactical plan.

"No! You're the one staying here!" She said, a little louder than I would have liked. "I can't lose you, Sans! Why can't you see that?!" She said, clenching her fists. "I can't lose you!! I can't!!—" she tested up at just the thought of me dusting myself in that room behind me. One wrong move, and that door will seal my fate.

"I CANT—" I felt a sudden rush of anger well up inside of me that was about to burst. "I can't lose you either." I said, grabbing her shoulders, despite the aching pain in my chest and soul. "Not again." I mumbled. Although she didn't hear me, at least I thought she didn't, her face scrunched up in a fit of anger. She had tears tuning down her face. My eyes widened.

"If you won't listen to me..." Frisk said, shoving her hands out of my grip, "Then I guess I won't listen to you either." She said, rushing into the office, and closing the door.

I pounded on the door, as hard as I could. I couldn't see anything that was going on for the few seconds I wasn't in there, it was killing me. "FRISK!!" I screamed as loudly as I could, my voice echoing through the hallways and corridors of the HeadQuarters. "FRISK DAMNIT!! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" I yelled and cried. I pounded desperately, hoping she would answer me. "FRISK I SWEAR TO FUCKING ASGORE!!" I pounded on the door faster and faster.