CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT

I actually have nothing to say... ^^ <3 love you all. Platonically, of course.

——

Frisk POV:

I didn't understand.
I couldn't understand, but I could at the same time.

Chara left this, I knew that. But what does it mean? She'll be their downfall? Is she going to bring every Mafia down there is in this world?

That's impossible! Especially with only one person! One human! A one man army? I've never heard of such a thing. 

I gripped it harder, making the thick paper fold and bend at the pressure of my hand's iron grip. "Why do I always have to be the bearer of bad news?" I mumbled to myself, eyeing the last one Mafia on the list that resembled my own Mafia. 'MMO' Sans won't be too happy when he finds this out.

If he finds out.

Biting my bottom lip, I turned around swiftly, squinting my eyes. I quickly folded the paper, creating a firm crease and looked around, trying to find a place to hide it so I could keep it away from Sans and Papyrus. They didn't need to know about this. I said I was done with the secrets, but it turns out I just add more and more on top of my shoulders out of habit.

Sans obviously can't use his magic, and Papyrus doesn't see anything but the good in people. I have to be the one to take care of this, even if it kills me.

How would I kill her? The thought of killing someone makes me sick. And another thing, I can't hurt her without hurting myself.
I'm not afraid to die for those who I care about. For my family.

I look down at the note for a second. 'Pathetic lives'? Is that what you would call the lives of such sweet creatures? They didn't create this world of chaos; they did.

Normally, I would but it in my pockets, however, these feminine pants barely have a pocket. Why even waste the fabric on a fake pocket when you can put real pockets?

Scanning my eyes around the high shelves, the couch cushions, even the cabinets in the kitchen and behind the refrigerator, not one place would seem suitable for the piece of evidence. Either too obvious or it would be found sooner of later if Sans was looking for something or Papyrus was cleaning.

Smiling a bit, I found a small gap in between the video player and the wood of the television stand under small TV Sans and Papyrus owned in their apartment. With it folded, it's only noticeable if you look for the thin creased edge of the white paper next to the black DVD player.

I will not forget where I put this paper. It's an important asset to my mission to take her down. I need to protect my loved ones.

Letting out an exhale of frustration, my heart was racing at the thought of keeping this very important secret from Sans and Papyrus. From everyone. I couldn't let anyone else get hurt because of my doing, even if it wasn't necessarily my fault, I wanted them to be happy and stress-free. Once I figure out what the note really means, I'll stay here and wait. But once I do figure it out, then I'll take action.

She's doesn't scare me anymore.

I breathed, closing my eyes and taking in the scenery from the apartment for what it seemed like the first time. The light peach walls and dark-wooded floors. The kitchen had black and white large tiles that had a half-wall for a bar and entrance to a dining room. 
Of course, the living room was the heart of the entire place, connecting the kitchen and dining room with just a large door frame.

Bringing my attention to the four doors on the other side, I had decided that 3 were bedrooms, and the last one was a bathroom. How did I know? It was because I lived with them when I was a small child before I was kidnapped.
Nothing really had changed, had it?

My anxiety was up, my heart was racing fast. I shouldn't have hid it. I should tell them.
What if they worry? What if they act on their own?

Suddenly, and loudly, two loud knocks pound on the front door of the apartment, causing me to jump and turn around towards the door, which was only a few feet in front of me.

"You keep this door locked, okay?" Sans' voice repeated in my guilty thoughts.

I look towards the doorknob as it began to rattle, and knock once more, three times, I counted.
I took a few cautious steps forward, I could hear my heart beating out of my chest and the knocks that were quickly growing impatient on the other side.

I should see who it is. The door is locked. They can't get in. They can't hurt me.

My steps were slow and my eyes were wide. I made it to the door and my body was involuntarily shaking. Three more loud knocks on the door went by. An angered, muffled voice was heard on the other side.

I hesitantly got up in my tip-toes, peeking through the exceptionally tall peep-hole, and looked at the unwanted visitor.
My eyed widened. My heart stopped and I scrambled away from the door as fast as I could and went to the far back of the wall, breathing heavily and fast. I was hyperventilating. I couldn't control myself.

What? How?! Why?! Why?! Why me?? What do I always have to be the victim in these situations?! Why am I always so helpless?!

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to comprehend the person I just saw. Why me?!

Another fast few knocks pounded loudly, making me jump and start to cry. I was cornered, I wasn't getting out.

'Keep this door locked! Okay?!' Sans' voice said once more. I imagined it a bit more panicked than usual, because only the state I was in.

Go away! Go away! GO AWAY!

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!
YOU'VE TORTURED ME FOR SO LONG! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

I..

I—

I HATE YOU!

I feel trapped. I feel helpless.
My two greatest fears have come true.

Chara was at the apartment door.