CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition

"Three weeks has gone by, Sans. And you still haven't found her."

"Just give me more time, Asgore! I'm so close! I've searched almost everywhere in the bearing cities. I need like two more weeks and my guys can start again."

"Sans. I gave you three weeks. You didn't finish. That means you failed."

"No! I won't stop lookin for her!"

"I let you into the Mafia because you're strong! You're a fellow monster and you have been loyal ever since you have joined. This is time you listen to me."

"Asgore! You don't understand! Do you know how much this hurts all of us?! Our friend! Our colleague!"

"Do you think it doesn't hurt me to say we should just forget about her?! We need to focus on the safety of the rest of the Mafia."

"No one is getting hurt!"

"You haven't done any tasks, as well as the rest of your squad. That's a drop in income we could be using to get supplies to monsters who need it."

"But-"

"We can't just keep living in these tents! We need to get a shelter! We need supplies to build an actual Headquarters. And with that we need you."

"Find some old ruins! Have Alphys disguise us! Something! I need to keep looking!"

"No, Sans. The answer is no."

Sans POV:

"Hate?" I said, confused.

Why does that sound so familiar? His is the first time I'm hearing about this. Right?

"Y-yes." She said, walking over to me with the syringe, allowing Frisk's soul to be put back into her chest.
I hadn't noticed the expression of pain of her face.

Was this really needed? She could have just pointed and shown me.
Maybe she wants to do some tests on it to learn more about this new soul type.

"I-If I can figure out how this s-soul trait works, w-we can cure Frisk." Alphys said, getting all excited.

"I-I figured it out w-when it was just m-me and Frisk when she finally woke up f-from her coma in t-the Infirmary." Alphys said, squeaking a bit.

In the infirmary? That's right. When I was chatting with Undyne, Alphys was checking up on Frisk.
She sent me over in a panic when I heard the glass shatter.

"S-She talked about h-how much she hated e-everyone. And could c-care less if we all d-died. Actually, I-I recall her saying t-that she wouldn't care if s-she died." Alphys said, looking at the liquid.

That doesn't sound like her at all.

"I-it doesn't sound like Frisk, r-right?" Alphys asked, and I shook my head in response. "A-and the memory g-gaps in her time h-her fully backs up a-a personality disorder." Alphys spoke once again.

"I-I think C. H. E. S. S. i-inserted a new soul trait into t-the girl's souls. T-that would
M-make a lot of sense as t-to why they all died." She said. "W-without the r-right stabilizing e-equipment and knowledge a-about souls, the traits would fight o-over control."

And eventually killing the host. I thought. That's why someone can't have a fully black soul. Hey would have to me Inhuman.

"D-Do you see where I-I'm going?" Alphys asked me, and looked up to meet my eyes.

"If we don't separate Frisk's soul with the new soul trait, then she could possibly die a very painful death." I said. "And with the sudden loss of determination that she had that
C. H. E. S. S. took away from that time, hatred was winning." I said nodding to myself.

And the other soul traits were losing as well when they came to realize they were just lab rats to their own family.

Hatred consumes them and they have no will to live anymore. It literally consumes their souls. That's why we never found a hatred soul.

"E-exactly." Alphys said. "I-if I can build a m-machine to s-separate the soul traits, t-then there's a chance she could s-survive." Alphys spoke a bit more strongly.

With all of these patients she was to take care of still, could she finish fast enough?

"If you could eat started on that as soon as possible that would be perfect, Alphys." I said.

"I-I've actually started o-on it a while a-ago when I thought I-I could cure her split p-personality disorder. B-But with the souls binding I-into it, I t-think it will progress m-much faster, since I d-don't have to worry about the fragility o-of the soul." Alphys said.

"So, if her soul is abnormally large as you mentioned last time we saw her soul, it's actually because there are two soul traits instead of one? And not because of such a strong soul?" I asked, rubbing my chin.

This is gettin more complicated, yet I understand it perfectly.

"T-That would be the c-case." Alphys went on, looking back at Frisk's sleeping position. "I-If she switches any t-time soon, ask what t-the other side feels." Alphys said. "W-we need to figure out w-which side is determination." She spoke.

If there are two soul traits in one soul that are not compatible, then they will fight. It's common sense. However, if they continue fighting, the soul will rupture, and crumble away from the fight it's putting up.

That could possibly explain why she was so exhausted when she lost determination for a while because she didn't have any to back her soul up to fight off her other side.

"Alright. I'll bring her back to my apartment. She'll stay there where I can keep an eye on both of her sides." I said, looking at Frisk, who was still knocked it from the sedative.

"D-Don't try anything." Alphys said, giving me a knowing look.

"It's not like that!" I exclaimed, quickly turning my head towards Alphys. "Jeeze. You and your fantasies are going to kill me." I sighed, quickly getting hat image out of my head.

I quickly picked her up and tried to put her on my back, but her being asleep gave it no grip, and she didn't hold onto it.

So, I just sighed and picked her up in a cradle form (bridal style) and said thank you to Alphys.
I'm sure people in Section C could hear Alphys fangirling when I picked up Frisk like that.

We're never going to be that that. Friends. At most.
I assured myself, looking down at Frisk.

However, Something in my soul said that won't be the case.