CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end

MissieSP has just started a frans book too! She's super sweet and I just wanted to help her out a little for her book!

——

Sans POV:

I couldn't comprehend where I was. It was like I was unconscious, yet awake.

It's almost as if I were following the phenomenon of astral projection, only the darkness around me was my body. It was empty, and like a void of empty feeling. No light, no color, only darkness.

It felt like I've been here for hours, or days, with nothing to do, with no one to see. I could talk, at least, but why listen to the sound of my own, echoed voice, if no one else can hear me?

Maybe if I just chose to sit here, I'll be stuck forever, just like in the movies. The darkness around me seemed like it had no beginning, nor end. It's almost as if I just appeared here.

I was in the alleyway, and that's the least thing I remember about anything. Seeing the look on Papyrus' face.

I wonder what happened to Frisk? I said keep the door locked at all times. I wonder if she listened to me? It would probably be better if she did, in this case.
I need to get out of here soon so I can get that demon out of the HeadQuarters, before she hurts someone.

I shook my head in slight anger. "She already has hurt monsters" I growled lowly, my voice not quite echoing as much as my footsteps had been when I was walking in a straight line.

Normally, I would jump everywhere, find a shortcut out or something. But, as I reach to take out my soul once again, it seemed to look worse and worse. My HP was decreasing, I could see it, and my soul was tattered and cracked. It was worse than it had even been before and I thought that was bad.

What could have made my soul like this? The overuse of magic?
Probably.
I tend to use s bit more than needed, but it shouldn't effect it like this, unless, I'm at my limit.

I sighed, sitting down, still holding the faded heart in my hands. Upside down, the heart was, floating gently above my skeletal hand, as if it were the opposite of broken.

SANS:      HP: 0.38/1

"Magnificent, isn't it?" A deep voiced called from the shadows, causing me to jump, throwing my soul back into my chest. "A force so weak, yet so strong?" They continued as I stood up, sweating a little from the lightness on breath that swept over me.

"Who's there?!" I said, looking around frantically. I summoned a bone, breaking it and sharpening the tip as a way of attack. I knew combat, I was still in shape for fighting, despite what most believed. "Answer me!" I called again as silence ensued.

Damn it. How am I going to fight in the dark? I can't see a thing! I can see myself, but I can't see around me! Like I have a glow or something.

"Now, now, what are you going to do with that?" The man's deep voice called. It seemed to be coming from everywhere but in front of me. The voice was all around. "You barely have enough energy to stand." I could practically feel his grin bouncing off the sides of the walls and back towards me. His intentions.. I couldn't figure out if they were good or bad.

This is bad. He could attack me from anywhere. He obviously knows I'm hurt.

"Who are you?" I said, not lowering my stance in defense.