CHAPTER 64: Complicated

First of all. Look at my shirt.
I did not draw it, sadly. I bought it like this.

And apparently I'm a loaf now.
——

Sans POV:

Walking back towards the room Alphys and Frisk were in, the last few words that Chara had spoken to me haunted my memory.

"But you've already played your part, Sans. Her's has yet to come." Her mechanical laughter was forever remembered by my nonexistent ears.
It's like my brain hit save the minute she let out that laugh. She knew something I didn't, and to be honest, that scared me.

What could she mean? What part have I already played? Was I falling right into her calculated plan?
If I was, then locking her up was a good thing. Right?

She can't escape there. Not in Maximum security. We would have put Frisk in there, but the prisoners in there only get one meal a day. And Frisk needed medical attention for the most part.

For some odd reason, Asgore wanted to take extra special care of her. Is that just a coincidence that their last names are the same? Or maybe they are closer than I thought?
And if their last names are in fact connected, then why was she working with C. H. E. S. S.?

Reaching the door, the distant murmurs from Alphys' and Frisk's conversation could be heard in the hallway. I left the door cracked when I left so I knew they'd stay put.

"T-The first one w-was so much better! T-They messed up t-the whole plot on the s-second movie!" Alphys' voice cracked with frustration.

"Is that so?" Frisk's numb voice responded. It was almost painful to listen to.

"I-I know!" Y-you should totally w-watch it with m-me sometime- t-the first one at l-least." Alphys said in the room, getting excited. "Y-you'd TOTALLY l-like it!"

There was a moment when Alphys started rambling on, but it eventually died out and a pause from the conversation as a whole. I figured they weren't talking about anything interesting. Frisk eventually spoke in the numb voice she used earlier, except with a slight bit of confusion."but I remember watching it wi-"

"Heya toots, Al." I said, walking into the room like I hadn't stood there for a few moments. I try not to eavesdrop, but sometimes it's inventible. Both of their heads swung to look at me swiftly, and all of the lingering conversation ceased. "Let's finish what we started here before." I turned to Frisk, walking over to her. "Is your shoulder alright?"

It's going to get infected if we don't do something about this bullet soon. Why didn't Alphys take care of this while I was gone?

"It's fine." She looked to her left to avoid looking into my eye sockets. As she did that, she brought her hand up towards the still clothed up arm, where the blood was still belong soaked through.

Is she trying to hide the pain?

"We might need to get that stitched up." I said to Alphys' general direction. She quickly nodded and went across the room, getting some supplies for the wound in her shoulder.

"I-I would h-have treated her, b-but I wasn't s-sure what y-you wanted me t-to do." Alphys stuttered from across the room, picking up the book that she wrote in earlier.

"Will you be willing to tell me what's going on?" I looked back at Frisk after not responding to Alphys.

"I don't know what you're-" she began to say, but I knew this lie all too well. She was too emotionally shook to come up with a decent lie at the moment. The numbness in her voice could hurt any soul.