CHAPTER 29: Quarters

I'm feeling a little bit creative for you guys. ^x^   <— totally stole that emote from you @ThatSoftDemon

Just because this book is going a LOT better than I could have ever hoped, here is another chapter.

<3 you all.

Sans POV:

Once Alphys had hooked up most of the equipment back up, Frisk had fallen back fast asleep.

She said she should be nursed back to full health in just a few days, since she had what Alphys believed to be radiation poisoning.

The intoxication wasn't that bad, according to her, but it could have gotten a lot worse, so coming in Frisk's state as she was, was just enough to let her wake up in a few days.

Alphys also mentioned it should have been impossible for Frisk to wake up so soon and suddenly, but it was probably just because the infection wasn't too bad.

Since there was nothing left for me to do at the moment, once I had reached the edge of the 'no smoking zone' I popped out a cigar and began to light it swiftly, putting it in between my teeth.

Once inhaling a breath of smoke, and the gentle breeze of the afternoon wind was kicking in, I was starting a feel a bit more relaxed, rather than stressed.

I exhaled with a sigh of relief, the cloudy puff forming in from of my face rapidly dissipating in the air, and rolled my shoulders back with a groan.

Now what.?

I stuck the cigar back into my mouth, and started to take a stroll around the populated, small town that we call our HeadQuarters.

I kept my head low, and my hands were shoved lazily back into my pockets as they usually were  as I strolled along the side walks.

I could hear the faint whispers of Mafia and man. Probably the different monsters talking amongst themselves in hushed tones.

Probably from my attire, they could tell I worked for the Mafia.

Usually it differed how monsters perceived us. Sometimes it's small kids and young adults that look up to us as being 'cool'. Saying how they would like to grow up and do what we do.

Others, are like mothers who had lost a husband in the Mafia due to our actions, or saying how killing for money is not adequate for their tastes, turning their kids in the opposite directions.

But, alas, despite our differences, unlike humans, we live with each other, and just avoid the topics, as they were politics or a racial status.
But we ACTUALLY avoid the topic. Humans say they will then do something drastic.

Holding my head up high towards the bright sun, it almost makes me wish we were still in the underground. Everything was less complicated, and not every monster would have to learn hand-to-hand combat for protection against attackers and terrorists.

I sighed, and took out the bud of the relaxing cigar, and threw it down, stepping on it and putting it out as I reached the bunkers in Section A.

I chuckled to myself as I swung the glass door of the lobby open and allowed myself in.

The desk attendant was quick to chirp her head back up, recognizing me from the INN in Snowdin from when we were in the Underground.

"Hello, Sans." She smiled, buzzing me in after I had passed the metal detector.

Yes, no weapons in the housing district.

I smiled back to her, tipping my hat as a gesture when she allowed me in.
I made my way to the nearby elevator and pressed number B2.

Every section of the underground had its own floor, the Ruins was B1, Snowdin, B2, Waterfall's residents were B3, Hotlands was B4, and finally the Core's monsters were B5.

We decided to use this method because each floor had a designated climate, matching to our adapted likeliness. So, B2 was always freezing.

Papyrus was kinda bummed about not having Snow anymore, but I said there was snow on the surface too, just not all the time.

The rumbling of the elevator went on for a wile and then came to a stop, the bell ringing to my designated floor.

Walking down the hall, I pulled my room key out of my pocket and opened the door, hearing he blasting of the radio playing a tune I've come to tolerate.

"AH! SANS! WELCOME BACK HOME BROTHER! YOU LEFT QUITE EARLY THIS MORNING!" Papyrus yelled.

Because of his constant blaring, Asgore kindly moved us into the room with sound proof walls, so we soundly get noise complaints since we all technically all lived inside apartments. I wouldn't be surprised if someone said they could hear him.

"Yeah, sorry bro, I had to take care of some things." I said, closing the door and throwing my keys into a basket next to Sprinkles.

"IT'S ALRIGHT BROTHER! FOR I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS! HAVE PREPARED YOU LUNCH!" He said, flashing me a plate of spaghetti.

"Heh, thanks bro, but I'm BONE tired at the moment. I'm going to take a nap. I said, throwing my shoes to one end of the room and threw myself into our couch that we kept.

The only thing we couldn't keep was the Sink.
I got rid of that devil treadmill.

"I'LL JUST PUT IT IN THE FRIDGE." Papyrus sighed, turning down the radio to let me get some shut eye.

"Do you listen to anything else but Mettaton?" I questioned before I slipped away.

"HE IS OUR EMPLOYER, BUT HE SERVES A GREAT ROLE IN ADVERTISING OUR INFORMATION TO MONSTER KIND THROUGH ENTERTAINMENT, SO-"

"Bro. Ya can just say you like his music." I smirked as I threw my arm over my eyes and crossed my ankles.

"YES. THAT." He said.

Darn toaster has everyone infect his his god-awful music except me it seems.

I could hear the faint sigh of Papyrus before I could hear my own snores of exhaustion.