CHAPTER 33: Freedom

:D

This will be the Second year IN A ROW! I'm so happy!!

——

I'm not deleting this because I'm lazy.

——

Frisk POV:

Opening my eyes, I came face to face with the afternoon sun radiating upon me.
I squinted my eyes in pain while looking at the giant ball of fire.

I Wish that fucking thing didn't have to give us life.

I was sunburnt, not much, but my skin was pink from being laid in the open, and it stung when I moved every muscle.

I thought back to what happened yesterday, it was awful; terrible.
My limbs were still intact, fortunately, but one of my legs might be fractured, or I might still be sore from the explosion.

Who saved me? I remember a light, and then I blacked out.
Sans was in the room, wasn't he? I can't remember.

It was another air raid, the government sends them all the time to get rid of monster kind, they probably just saw the amass of monsters walking around and took action.

That's what C. H. E. S. S. told me anyways.

Though it radiates the environment more for nearby Mafias, it'll do some good to get rid of these things.

They cared for you, why sho of you hate them? Because C. H. E. S. S. Said so?

Another one poisoned you. They're all the same.

I held conflicting voices in my head from the new radiation, and I was gradually getting worse.
The new bomb didn't help.

I looked around at the strangely silent base, monsters everywhere were laid out and more people were dragging bodies from the mass of rumble, looking for survivors.

There weren't many.

And if they were, they were knocked out cold on the pavement like I had been.

I saw Sans from afar, lifting up another monster and placing them with the other unconscious ones.
Despite the permanent smile, his eyes look full of pain.

I looked down at my self and tore my eyes away from that skeleton.
My clothes were covered in dirt and small rocks from when I was dragged out, or carried? The memory was vague.

Nobody knew I was awake at the moment, they were all worried about their fellow monsters.

They were focused on the monsters.

I'm in the open.

I can run.

Sans is preoccupied.

I slowly turn myself to the woods, where freedom was just a few steps away, and slowly got up, gritting my teeth in pain.

Well I know they're not broken, or fractured.
Scratch the fractured part, that can still be an option.

I'll have them looked at when I reach HQ.

I looked around once more to see in anyone was watching me, and took off at the run.
Tears appeared in my eyes from the sunburnt skin rubbing against my clothes.

I was wobbly at first, but it was like learning to ride a bike, I gradually got better... and faster.

The wind hit my face a bit as I sprinted towards the woods in pain. They joy I felt outdid the pain by a number of points.
The happiness of leaving and coming home drowned that pain to a small speck, a speck that I could only dream of.

I can go back home! I have all of this information about their base, despite their base turning into rubble at the bombing.

I'll have to tell C. H. E. S. S. that their numbers are low, and that they are weak, I will be respected beyond compare to bring down our greatest foe.

I reached the edge of the woods, looking back at my footprints in the sand that blowed across the sidewalk, only to be released by the wind and carried away.

Everything was according to plan, until that skeleton.
That one, naive, stupid skeleton.

"SANS! SAY GOODBYE TO THE HUMAN! THEY'RE LEAVING ALREADY!" He called, his voice booming over all of the chatter and making everyone turn towards the pointed direction where I was standing, wide eyed.

Sans turned around and nearly dropped the body he was carrying, and ran towards me.

I retaliated by turning quickly, and ran into the woods without a second thought, looking behind me every so often to check if he was there.

Why doesn't he just teleport?

He was yelling inaudible words at me, chasing me thoughtlessly.
After a few yards more, he gradually began to slow, my stamina beating his own.

Then, the next time I turned, he was gone. Did I outrun him? Or did he quit?
Either way, he's dead to whomever he works for.

I smirked to myself and continued at a walk through the woods, the dense trees making the afternoon sun look like the evening, like it's just settled under the horizon.

If I focused hard enough, I could still hear the faint rants of the tallest skeleton, the naive yells and questions about the human, although, it could me my slowly derailing brain.

Yet, I keep my sanity.

I chuckled to myself,
Stupid monsters.

I walked to the edge of the Forrest, which seemed like hours with my sunburnt skin rubbing against my clothes, and mentally sighed to myself in frustration.

Accords the lot, remained yet another City, not my city though.
In reality, I had no idea where I was.

This entire terrain was foreign to me, considering I never really was allowed to go out that far off of the perimeters because
C. H. E. S. S. Thought it would make me safer to be dead to the world.

Though I was allowed to go on suicide missions.
That was he part I never really understood, but I obeyed.

My mission now was to make it back to HQ and Share as much information as possible about the Mafia of Monsters before I forget.

But how will I get back, if I don't know the way?

The endless building of rubble and destruction from the previous bombings, and the old dirt roads from the Forrest nature trails.

It was all so foreign.

With a sigh, I started walking into the city, the afternoon sun touching my sunburnt skin.

Time to start walking, I guess.