CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?

"A soul is the basic component of life.
They are your well-being, your everything, hence is being shaped like a heart.

If your soul breaks or cracks, then you will feel an immense amount of pain and can sometimes die from it, however the breaking part is certain death."

"So what happens if you touch it?"

"L-Let's not worry about that.."
"Different monsters and people have different souls. Monsters have a white soul and it is much more fragile than humans' because we cannot share the same magical components.

A human soul, however, can be 8 different colors. Each color a different persona.
Cyan for patience
Orange for bravery
Purple for perseverance
Green for kindness
Yellow for justice
Black for hatred
And finally, Red for determination."

"But I don't feel determined anymore."
I N E E D T O K I L L T H E M .
They're trying to save me.

Frisk POV:

I still didn't say anything, much to the surprise and information I was given on souls. I was silent, too silent.

All I did was think. I thought of souls, I thought of C. H. E. S. S., I thought of MMO, and I thought of Angie.

After a few minutes of stabilizing and arguing with Alphys, they had told me that my soul was starting to lose its color from the cracks and such.

Sans kept saying I needed to think positive so my soul wouldn't crack any further than it had already.
He said I could probably use some food, and told me to come along, but I couldn't.

When Sans had to pick me up again onto his back, he let out a heavy sigh and mumbled a few incoherent words to himself.
I wouldn't move, talk, eat. Hell, if I'm not human at this point, then what am I?

I just didn't feel like doing anything.

As Sans tried to make a conversation or two on our way down the hallway, as it would have been good for my health, despite just lying my head on his shoulders, I was awake.

I suppose he thought I was asleep because his attempts at making a conversation had failed due to my stubbornness.

I was constantly mapping out where we were, this HeadQuarters wasn't as much of a maze as I thought. It had some pattern to it.

Where would I go?
These... monsters have taken better care of me than C. H. E. S. S. has ever done.

"Positive thoughts, kiddo." He mumbled, quietly to nothing in particular.
He quietly carried me to what seemed like a dining hall of some sort.

Soon, there was chatter at the end of the hall. Like A LOT of chatter. I assume that we're heading towards a cafeteria of some sort.

As sans walked closer, the conversations jumbled together were heard as if we were in a school cafeteria. A dining hall, if you want to call it.

On one end of the cafeteria was a bakery, with a purple spider managing it and booming with people.
On the other end, however, was a bar with a flamed monster managing it and even more customers flooding the area.

Sans immediately went towards the bar, which had a big overhead sign saying 'GRILLBYS' on it as he entered the bar.
It looks like there is a good rivalry going on between these two establishments.

"A'ight toots, time to get some food in ya." He said as he walked inside the open bar.

Immediately after Sans walked into the bar, people turned to him, as if they were going to greet him. A valued customer, I could guess.