CHAPTER 61: Hate

Look at this really long chapter!! And look how soon you got it!!

Love your author. She had a creative spike. :3

——

Sans POV:

The voice recording of Alphys' muffled sounds were blocked out from my non-existent ears, as I ran over to the tattered scarf my brother called precious. The world seemed to slow as I neared closer and closer to it.
A small Christmas present to him when we were kids stayed with him forever and became his most memorable treasure.

Y-you had somuch fun with this scarf, d-didn't ya.... bro?

Memories took me from reality and I remembered everything we had gone through, and everything we had done together. I just needed to see his smile one last time.

Even if that smile was a memory, I needed to see it, I needed to feel his warmth and the cheery attitude towards everything. I needed to hear his laugh and his voice again, just one last time.

Papyrus-

I dropped to my knees and picked it up like it was an antique, like it was the only thing I had left in my world. It shook with my hands, destabilized and weak.

He can't be gone. Not like this. Not so sudden. I can't-

I can't live without my little brother!

"I-" I tried to speak, but I only choked on my own words.

No..
He can't be..

Tears threatened to fall from my eye sockets, as I clutched the scarf in sorrow and agony. My only brother, my only family I had left, was gone.

I couldn't protect him. I broke a promise to myself.

"Papyrus.." I mumbled, my sadness quickly fueling my anger.
My anger for the kid that I let into my apartment. For the kid who took my brother.

I SWORE TO MYSELF I WOULD PROTECT HIM.

I held the scarf up to my forehead, trying to breathe calmly and utterly failing at keeping my breaths stabilized.

"Bring him back!" I pleaded to no one in particular. Because I knew nothing could bring back my brother. My little brother.

I looked up from what was across from me, the tears that streamed down my face that I couldn't hold in for the life of me.
Across from me, was the kitchen, and atop of the clean countertops was our knife block, the one that Papyrus would always use to make spaghetti noodles.

A single knife was noticeably missing from it.

That fucking kid-

A thump came from around the corner of the other rooms. The room furthest in the small apartment. Papyrus' room.

It had just hit me that the kid could still be in the apartment somewhere. The lobby lady didn't tell me she left.

She's still here.

That.

Dirty.

Brother.

Killer.

My eye flickered with hatred and sadness as I stood up, clutching the scarf in my hand. I readied my guns and magic as I crept up closer to the door, slowly.