CHAPTER 68: Friends

nightmarionette7 just couldn't wait for the next chapter XD
I'm so glad to have followers like y'all. There has been.. a person on Wattpad that joined solely for the destructive comments towards Frans writers... including my book. Telling people to kill themselves, and burn their books. 

To everyone who defended me, thank you. And I'm sure there will be more in the future is they ever see his comment on Chapter 1.

^^im not hurt, but it pisses me off, ya know? With those of you who have been following my book for a while, you know I don't take suicide as a joke.

Thanks for listening to this tiny PSA
——

Sans POV:

"You okay, toots?" I asked Frisk as I hurried her out the door of the large building and towards the outside. I squinted at the very sudden light change.

The Autumn afternoon was cool and sunny. Despite the sun shining brightly down upon Mt. Ebott today, the slight breeze and cold air kept it at a reasonable temperature.
The leaves we're starting to change colors, the Hotland monsters are about to have to stay indoors pretty soon.

That's so... weird! How did she know it was Frisk? There has to be more of a connection than we thought.

"I'm okay." She said rather quietly. Her hands were down to her sides and her eyes were locked to the ground in a state of ponder. "Why wouldn't I be? She saw me through the glass. It's nothing serious." She said, letting out a nervous laugh.

Sometimes I forget how much she really doesn't know about the Mafia. Even if she was here as a kid, it was only for a short while.

Plus, those cells are fairly new, she is right about it being glass, but it's the type of glass she doesn't know.

"Well-" I tried to refute her misunderstanding as we walked down the sidewalk. But the more I thought about it, she really understood her connection with Chara just as much as I did, and it would probably just do more harm than good. She could become paranoid or scared of her location being known to this demon. "Yeah, it was just creepy the way she lunged at the window and slammed her hands into the... glass." I said, feeling slightly guilty for lying, but it was for...

For her.
I guess that connection we had so long ago is still there. At least, in the soul.

It's weird. I can defiantly feel it in my soul the more I think about it. Maybe I'll be able to remember the lost memories the more I think on it.

"Yeah it kinda scared me a bit, but it also made me slightly curious." She said, as we rounded a block and saw the dorm building down the street.

"How so?" I asked, asking myself how in Asgore it made her curious. Curious about what? Chara? Her insanity? "I can see scared of her, that laughter of hers is kinda terrifying." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.
Sometimes I truly couldn't understand her if someone were to give me a million dollars in cash.

"It makes me wonder what her fascination towards me is about. Calling me a liar, wanting me by her side.." she rambled aloud, letting her kind work it's gears. "It just doesn't make any sense to me. I couldn't contact her like other split personality cases, it just went dark and time stopped for me until others told me what I did." She said.