CHAPTER 27: Bad Day

So this story is looking about __ Chapters long.
It looks like that censored out, lemme try again...
__ Chapters. Huh. I guess it means it doesn't want you to know.

Oh well.
On with the chapter then.

Shout-Out to my friend BrilliantArchivist she's making a Pretty good book 2. It's called Flooded Atmosphere. Highly recommend it.👌🏻

Sans POV:

7:00 AM

The silent rumbling of knocks against the wooden door to Asgore's office made my heart race in anticipation as to what was going to happen.

He'll know somethings up after seeing him for multiple times in one day.
I have to start being more discreet about all of this crap.

I sighed.
There was nothing but silence on the other end of the thick door. It's darkened spruce rings rolling around it, almost engulfing myself into its hazel spirals.
The Delta Ruin marking was engraved dead center and at eye level for any regular monster.

Well, not eye level for me..

As for me, it was just above my forehead, it was eye level for any normal being.
I have to use 'being' now since our Mafia Headquarters has one different species in it.

I pressed my skull against the door, listening in the silent hallways inside Headquarters Section B.
The golden yellow carpets ran down the dark wooden hallways, the lights above making the bright rugs glow.

From inside I could hear the faint sounds of computer typing away briskly.
He must be deeply focused in his paperwork at the moment.

I knocked once again, my face not as close to the door as it once was from my curiosity, to hear that the clicking of the keyboard had abruptly stopped.

A gruff voice answered to my second row of knocks. "You have permission to enter." He said warmly.

I silently opened the door, shuffling a bit with my head down as it creaked open loudly.

All of these doors could use some oil on them. Too bad it's protocol that we have to have noisy doors.

"Ah! Sans! And the second time today as-well! It is unlike you to be here so early in the morning." He chuckled and gestured for me to take a seat.

He had his usual cup of tea on his desk, along with his large computer. It was old, just one Alphys had put together, but it was better than having no computer at all.

"What brings you here?" He asked lightly. "Please do not tell me that you have been drinking this early in the morning." He glared down at my shirt, which still had some blood stains on it.

"YOU BASTARD! IT'S NOT FRISK! I'LL PROVE IT! FRISK ISN'T THE ASSASSIN YOUR LOOKING FOR! THAT WHY
C. H. E. S. S. WANTS HER DEA-" she cried before a bullet made its way into her skull, my finger around the trigger with a Smokey blast coming out of the barrel.

What did she mean?

"Sara is dead." I said coldly. His amused look dropped a bit, and he narrowed his eyes. The monster straightened his back and looked down at me as if I stood no match.

I was prepared to give a full, detailed summary about what had just happened in the span of two hours.

"Where is Frisk?" He imminently asked, slightly concerned. She got out once, but luckily she was in a weakened state. It would be chaotic is she got out in full health.

Well, to Asgore she's almost fully healed.

"She's with Alphys in a critical state." I said numbly. Now, his eyebrows seemed to furrow, like he couldn't comprehend the situation at hand.

"I need an explanation for to why she is not in stable condition." His gruff voice spoke fast and urgently.

"This monster of a nurse you put on the job has been working with C. H. E. S. S. She was contacted as an assassin to kill frisk." I spoke calmly. "Instead of antibiotics, she's been giving her lethal medication."

"Damn!" Asgore slammed his fists on his desk harshly. "They're trying to get rid of our only leeway for a trade!" He growled and his eyes held nothing but fury in them.

"But that's not just it," I began, peeling his attention. "Shara said something before I killed her, something that doesn't quite add up." I said, rubbing the back of my skull as if I were in a pondering state. "Shara was trying to save her last chance at being alive, so she spilled something."

"She said Frisk wasn't the assassin. It was someone else."

"You do know this could very well be a trap to guide us down the wrong path?" He said, intertwining his fingers with his own and taking a deep breath.

"Yes. But I can't have but a suspicion to think otherwise." I said lowly.

"I will keep that in mind." He said coldly. "And you are not to say a word about this to Frisk. Do you understand?" He demanded.

"I understand."

"Now, you said Alphys was in her care?" He said, switching the subject to more important manners.

"Yes sir. She has the most information on Humans than any other month we here after all."

"Alright, it's settled." Asgore said, swirling around in his chair to the shelves of files behind him. He rustled through the organized mess of paperwork and pulled one out, I quickly caught the name of the member's folder.

MEMBER NUMBER 137: Alphys.

He then pulled a stamp out of his desk drawer and stamped the folder with a seeping, red ink that read: 'MEDICAL'. This stamp seemed to line up parallel to the previous one, labeled: 'TECH.'
"Alphys will be the head of the Medical Department and the Technological department." He sighed lightly, looking down at the papers before stacking them back up into their original place behind him.

"And sans.." he began, turning back around. "I am guessing you are still in charge of Frisk?" He grinned innocently.

"Yeah, yeah, I got it. Make her feel safe and what-not." I began, hesitating on the next question I was about to ask. "I don't understand why we can't just ask her a few things!" I exclaimed.

"Sans.." he warned.

"It'll make it much easier for us! To find HER!" I gestured to a picture on his desk, and his glare hardened.

"I'm warning you." He said, standing up a bit, matching my defensive pose. I was pissed.
I always was on this topic.
It was for everyone.

"What?! Do you NOT want to find Toriel?! She's been gone for 4 MONTHS, Asgore! Can you remember the day when she was dragged away by C. H. E. S. S. because I most certainly can!"

"I said.. THATS ENOUGH!" He pounded on the desk. "It's time for you to leave."

"A friend, A mother, A wife." I muttered as I walked out of the office door.

Damn, I probably ruined his day.
No matter...

He ruined mine. It's only fair.