CHAPTER 17: Search

Snas POV:

"She still can't be out of bed yet!" A shrill voice shrieked behind me. "She needs more treatment and has still yet to get her stitches!"

This is just my fucking day.

The panicked cries of the nurse behind me weren't making things any easier to concentrate on the situation at hand.

"S-she could possibly die without the proper treatment! Our scanners detected faint signs of radiation poisoning..."

Finally as she took a quick breath and I flipped out my phone and pressed the first contact on my speed dial.

I held my hand out to her face to stop the constant babbling and the speakers spot with great confidence,

I actually had to move the phone away from my ear.

"SANS! YOU ACTUALLY CHARGED YOUR PHONE!" Papyrus cheered happily.

"Yeah bro, uh, we gotta problem, where are ya?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I AM JUST TRAINING WITH UNDYNE AT THE MOMENT. DO YOU REQUIRE ANY ASSISTANCE?" He asked carefully.

Do I really want him to get involved with one of the most elite assassins that has broken loose in our HeadQuarters?

"SANS?" His voice called out after a moment of silence.

"Yeah bro, uh, Frisk got out, you think you could look for her, she could be a real danger to our peo-"

"BUT THE HUMAN IS STILL INJURED!! SHE COULD GET HURT SANS! OF COURSE, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, SHALL ASSIST YOU IN ACQUIRING THE HUMAN FRISK!" He beamed and hung up the phone before I could protest or give any explanation.

"Clean this up, I'll take care of this." I said to the nurse as I sped out of the doorframe.

Could have sworn her fearful look faltered a bit.

Rather than shoving my phone inside my pocket once more, I then swipe down to the other contacts as I'm walking at a brisk pace down the hallway.

"Heya." I finally said as the second caller jumped at the other end.

"S-Sans! You s-scared me!" Alphys' quiet voice peeped out of the other end.

"You in your lab?" I quickly said, ignoring her comment. Much like I did with Papyrus, I wasted no time in small talk.

"O-of course!" She chirped more happily.

"Get of the security cameras. Frisk got out of the hospital and is roaming the HQ. We need to find her." I said. "Asgore'll have my head."

Alright, Papyrus probably unformed Undyne so that makes two monsters patrolling for Frisk, and I've got the head of technical department looking through all of the cameras to find her.

You ain't escaping here, toots.

"O-okay!!" She said, not hanging up the phone.

"I'll be there in a second." I muttered, and hung up the phone, slipping it into my pocket.

I then proceed to summon my magic and teleport to Alphys' lab, so I could be notified as soon as she found Frisk, and I could teleport if necessary.

Blindingly jumping through, the room was dark, and nothing lit the room except for the large screen of cameras, and Alphys' quick taps across the keyboard.

I stumbled on what seemed like a bucket in the darkness, making a few things crash and tumble to the floor, causing a loud noise to erupt, making Alphys jump out of her skin.

"J-j-Jesus!! S-sans!" She whipped her head around and turned on the lights with a remote on the side of her computer.

I give a small wave before standing back up as she turned her head in the opposite direction of me and continued to search the many cameras in the HQ.

As Alphys types away, I pace the floor, my usual habit when I am in a tight situation.

She's hurt, she can't do much.
And with all of that blood loss, definitely not smart. What is she thinking?

And what was that bloodlust in her eyes those two times I've seen her? Towards the end of our meeting in the hospital, she looked, well... Human.

Out of everything-

Suddenly a text makes me jump slightly, and my pull my phone to see that Papyrus had texted me

'NOTHING HERE IN SECTION B, UNDYNE AND I ARE HEADING TO SECTION C!
                  -THE GREAT PAPYRUS'

I chuckled a bit at the text, but it game me some reassurance that they weren't heading to Section A.

Our Headquarters was divided into sections, so at least we could give some sense of direction around here.

Section A was the infirmary and the mess hall, on the upper level or in the furthest part we sometimes hold our meetings there. Not many stores are here, but Muffet and Grillby work here in the cafeteria, and Alphys too, as our main hacker.

Section B was the weaponry, full of training equipment and weapons for missions and tasks we are assigned to do. Sometimes we get to use the cars that are stashed in the back, only a selective few get them, since they could reveal our location far easily than walking.
But normally we drive our cars to the warehouse, where we do pick ups for supplies.

And finally Section C, the dorms. This was one of the only places where it's held underground, Incase we get a bombing over night. Section C was full of people and small stores to purchase things as you would see in a small town.

"S-sans! Look at t-this." She said almost in a hush as she flips to a camera for me to see.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and my stomach turns slightly.

Across the dark, spruce wood walls, a bloodied, jagged hand streak had been wiped across the wall, like it had been used for support, or maybe it was her shoulder?

Could this be a decoy? No, she has to be loosing conscious.

"Alphys, Zoom in closer, follow that streak." I said, walking over to the large monitor, and leaning down so I could get a better look.

She does as she was told and clicks a few cameras in search for the brown-haired girl.

"There!" I point that the many different array of camera footages. She jumps a bit before clicking on it, revealing a live Frisk, trudging at a snails pace through the corridors. She was gripping her shoulder and hunched down, using the wall for support.

"O-ohmygosh!" Alphys yelled at the sight of her.

"I'll be back." I said, before mumbling to myself, Section A, Hallway number 9

Stupid kid.