CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?

So I'm noticing some confusion, if you have any questions you need for me to wrap up for you, I can help with that. Comment or DM me.

Now, secondly, Chapter 57 will come back into play soon with the upcoming chapters. 'The incident' in that chapter is referring to the previous chapter. That particular chapter takes place three weeks after that incident. Sans was full of regret and sadness, saying if he had just never let her go into that machine, she would still be here.

——
Frisk POV:

"What happens now?" I said, looking over at his enraged complexion. I had never seen sans so angry. So full of hate.

You and me both, I guess.

I really wanted to hate her for what she has done, but it mostly just scares me. It makes me feel helpless and powerless to those around me.
Sans can do something though.

Or can he really? I've never seen him in so much pain after a jump like that, and it wasn't far. What's happened with his magic?

Could it be hurting him?

"I played right into her hands." He said, rubbing his skull for support. "I had her. I fucking had her." He mumbled angrily.

It didn't make sense. There was nothing in the cell, like he never put her in there at all. The lock isn't damaged or anything.
How did she escape?

"The security footage." He said, coming to his senses a bit. "I need to check the security footage of this building, maybe I can figure out where she went." Sans said, turning into another direction swiftly.

Right! We can still figure out where she is and take her back in. We can still get her.

"Right." I said, following him down the hallway. A few seconds, maybe 10, of us rushing down the hallway, he abruptly stopped, almost making me run into him from behind. He turned around once more, looking at me with a twinge of hurt.

"You can't come with me." He said, looking at me. I opened my mouth to object, however, he held up a finger to allow himself to talk. "... I need to do this alone, if she gets you, well.." He stammered, trying to make it obvious he just wanted me to go someplace else.

"She was my problem to begin with. She'll be my problem till the end too. I'm going with you." I said, not moving from my stance in this argument quite yet.

"It doesn't matter!" He said. "She's after you, so you need to hide. She could have killed me if she really wanted to already, but she hasn't. I'm obviously an assent to whatever she's planning." He said, trying to reassure me.

"I don't care! She could injure you for all we know! I saw what your magic did to you! You ... you CAN'T FIGHT!" I yelled, pointing at him, taking the lead in the argument now. "And Papyrus would be devastated if something happened to you because I left you to take care of my problem!" I said. "I'll be backup, I won't get in the way, and I sure as hell won't let you die." I said.

"Oh yeah? You'll be backup?" He said, the anger boiling up again. He's always had a short fuse. "What are you gonna do little miss pacifist? Talk some sense into her?!" He bellowed. "I can't let you get—" he paused, exhaling. "I can't let anyone else get hurt because of my mistakes. I should have connected the pieces sooner than this, so it's on me."