CHAPTER 81: He won't get better

You know how "It is." is a sentence? Technically speaking, because it has a subject and predicate. Then "It's." should be a sentence too, right?
Idk late night thoughts with Me 2018...

——

Frisk POV:

I couldn't believe it. My mind and my body just couldn't comprehend the fact that the Mafia I had grown up with had crumbled to the ground in less than a night. Sure, it was a pretty toxic relationship and family to be in in the first place, but they had found someplace inside my heart after all they've done.

I didn't know whether to be angry, sad, or joyous that our number one rival had been taken down finally. The largest cooperation in the country had fallen. Now it was us. And with us, came new clients, the big businessmen from C. H. E. S. S. would come seeking protection and services from the MMO, not because we're monsters, but because we're now the most powerful Mafia in the country. We'll take their clients, their employees will probably search for other work, their racist asses wouldn't come near here.

"I can't believe it." I said, shocked as Alphys and Sans both held their mouths opened in surprise as well. "They were bigger than us by a good bit. How did they all fall in one night?" I said, skimming through the article to try and find more information about the report.

"C. H. E. S. S. is ... down??" Sans looked down, furrowing his eyebrows. "There's no way. They're smarter than that, to go into chaos after their boss was murdered." Sans said, making a quite a point. In C. H. E. S. S., Alex always had a backup in case he died on a job or in case he was injured. He never was, but it was a precaution.

I shook my head, reading the words from the paper in disbelief, "Sans..." I said in awe, "over 160 people died in there last night. That's almost the entire facility, murdered." I said. "It says here only few escaped, but they were all diagnosed with Intermittent explosive disorder once they got out and were thrown in mental facilities until they could talk to police."

"I-Intermittent explosive disorder is when p-people get sudden b-bursts of unwarranted anger, a-and can be hostile." Alphys said, pitting her hands in her lap. "I-If I'm correct, once C-Chara got out of h-her cell, I think that she h-headed over to C. H. E. S. S." Alphys said.

"That can't be right!" I blurted, looking up from the article. Sans snatched it away to read it for himself as I looked at Alphys. "I just saw Chara! She choked me and almost killed me! Sans found me passed out on the floor outside of the apartment yesterday." I crossed my arms, slightly glaring at Sans, who was furrowing his eyebrows even further.

"S-She couldn't have ran all the way t-there in one night! She didn't h-have any means of transportation!" Alphys exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Wait.." sans put down the newspaper slightly. "Did you say yesterday?" He said, looking at me with a confused face. "That only happened a few hours ago." He said, looking at me more as I shook my head.

"You were out all night. No wonder Papyrus was worried for you." I said, giving him a sad smile. Papyrus stood in the background, just listening to our conversation so we could get a full understanding of the situation.

Sans huffed and went back to reading, not wanting to argue once more in front of Papyrus. He stayed still for a second before opening his mouth to speak. "Unless she was never here in the first place." He looked at Alphys.

"W-what?" She quivered, jumping slightly at the sudden attention she had gotten from the entirety of the group.

"What if she could set up illusions. Every soul trait has a special power, maybe hers was creating illusions of the thing you feared most to grow the hate within your soul." He explained. "I've been in scenarios where she's just standing next to me and I feel like I'm about to die from a vision I had just witnessed."

"A-Are you sure it's not just t-teleportation?" Alphys said, looking at me. "You can d-do that, right?"

Sans' breathing hitched for a second, "no." He said sternly. "Only I can do that. No other monster or person has the ability to. It's impossible." He said, putting up the newspaper so that we couldn't see his face. He stayed like that, silently.

"I think we're on to something here." I said. "Papyrus," I said, getting his attention, despite the confused look. I was glad he wasn't asking many questions about this. It would have been hard to explain. "Mettaton is the advertiser for the Mafia, if I'm correct. We need to keep the monsters safe, tell him to make an announcement to our clients and our coworkers. Maybe it'll get out to the rest of the mafias." I said, Papyrus nodding. I couldn't help but smile as I saw the excitement in his eyes that he had a free excuse to see Mettaton.

He's always been like that around him. His favorite superstar.

The door shut and it was only the three of us. We went into an awkward silence for a moment before Sans day up slowly, careful of the needles inside of him. "A'ight Alphys, take these out." He said, pointing at the needles that were keeping him alive. "I hate them and I need to get up." He grumbled.

Why is he always like this? He better be glad I got Alphys or we would have been dusted by now.

"S-Sans, these treatments are keeping y-you alive! I can't j-just take them out because you w-want it!" Alphys said, trying to get it through Sans' thick skull. He didn't want to listen, he wanted to get up, who could blame him? He looked weak from this angle. You never want to look weak in the Mafia.

"My HP is fine! See?" He said showing his stats, and it clearly showing 0.8/1 HP just like it did when we first checked it. "I'm not gonna die, and I'm not gonna let it decrease anymore. My soul's [almost] back to normal I'm sure of it." He mumbled a bit of the last sentence, refusing to take out his soul to show us as proof. Alphys stood her ground.

"I-I can't be sure that the poison is still I-in progress, if it is p-poison." She said, trying to defend her point to Sans.

"Then just put in the stabilizers in my soul already. It's obvious I'm not going to heal anymore. You always carry stabilizers on you when working with souls, that should stop whatever is wrong with me." He snapped. "Frisk, go into the kitchen and look in the second drawer to the right of the fridge." He ordered.

I stood up from the coffee table and did as I was told to do so, opening up the drawer to see that it was full of cell phones. Old flip phones it looks like the Mafia has collected over the years. "Why do you have all these phones?" I shouted from the kitchen and into the dining room. My eyes couldn't get away from them, there were obviously at least 10 different cell phones.

"Me and Papyrus use the Mafia cell phones on tasks and daily life. They have trackers in them so Asgore can find we if we ever go missing on a task." Sans said. "Since we take 'em on missions, sometimes they get shot or broken during the process. So we have multiple. Take one." He said.

At least Asgore won't make the same mistake with me as he did others. We didn't have trackers when I was in the Mafia. We didn't have a lot of this technology, and were in the bottom group of Mafias.

Taking a silver flip phone from the top, it just barely fit inside the small pocket of my feminine jeans. "I want new jeans" I grumbled, walking out of the kitchen after closing the drawer.

"Don't feel weirded out or anything at the new surprise." Sans said over Alphys' shoulder as she did careful work on his soul. "They said to keep ya safe, that's all. Now we'll know your location and we can contact each other." Sans said. "There are contacts in many of those phones already."

"Convenient" I said, sitting back down on the table. A bit more far away this time, however, because Alphys was there.

"S-Sans! Your soul looks like it hasn't gotten any b-better from when I had taken s-some of that h-hatred away!" Alphys said, shocked. "I-I was able to extract some of I-it when you were a-asleep." She said, tapping her fingers.

"I'll be fine Alphys." Sans said. "Turn the TV on. I want to know more about the attack last night."