CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work

Thank you Blitzxir and Princess480 for the fabulous artwork about this book!
I really appreciate it and I love them so much!
((Finally got the tags to work omg XD))

Thank you Blitzxir  and Princess480  for the fabulous artwork about this book!I really appreciate it and I love them so much!((Finally got the tags to work omg XD))

Bonus chapter!
——
Sans POV:

The smile of relief that washed up into her face was warm and caring. I could see the tear stains in her puffy eyes from crying earlier, and they were red and swollen.

She's gonna be wearing sunglasses for a few days at this rate.

Despite my friendly ruffle of her hair, it wasn't enough for her, and she wrapped her arms around me, giving me a hug. It took me by surprise, the swift motion towards me caused my breathing to hitch suddenly, but realizing it was just a simple hug, my senses calmed down a bit.

Returning the hug, I caught a glimpse of Toriel in the background, standing there and smiling broadly, Asgore, of the other hand, was not. He looked sad, and distant. His massive beard hung low and his eyes were to the floor, as if it couldn't be more plainly stated that he regretted his actions.

I broke the short-lasting hug first, pushing her away slightly. "You uh.. don't wanna mess up your stitches, do ya? Keep your arms down." I said, scratching my skull slightly and looking away.

It's just a hug. A hug from her to me as friends. What the hell am I getting embarrassed for?

She just smiled and nodded, looking back to her adoptive parents with a saddened smile.
"Now, I'm not saying what you did was right." I said to Asgore, who was now looking at me. I had never seen the old boss so vulnerable in this state. Maybe bringing back his wife and daughter brought out the dad inside of him after so long in hiding. "But I will say I understand why you did it. For the better of the Mafia." I said, sighing a bit. "Let's just not tell everyone about this. There may be riots and many other things. This could tear the Mafia apart." I said, analyzing this messed up situation was harder than I thought, but it was the only solution to it.

"Frisk." I said, "If you really had a relationship with everyone in the underground, you have to keep that part to yourself, and befriend them all again." I said sadly. It hurt to know that she was keeping all of this inside. "Luckily, you've already got one." I smiled.

"Who?" She joked back, letting out a small laugh.

"You two will get along fine." Toriel said, chuckling a bit. "But I think you've had enough of a break, Sans." She said. "When was the last time you've contacted your clients?"

That hit me with a zap, and my body tensed a bit. Ever since Frisk came into the picture, I hadn't really been fixated on my Mafia duties, let alone my clients. I didn't remember that I needed to make any calls or meetings, but we were required to... "check-up" on them from time to time, and if they weren't doing what we asked, well...