CHAPTER 73: Scared

(I'll give a shoutout to who ever gets what the 4 digit code is and why it's used so commonly.) :D let the games begin.

XD
——

Sans POV:

Rushing towards the camera room, I honestly hoped hat I wasn't too late to catch her. Me and Frisk's argument had already taken so much time away from us, she could already be out of the city by now if she wanted.

But we all know she ain't leaving without her prize. She wants— no, needs Frisk for some unknown reason.
And I'm going to find out what she needs her for so I can keep her out of Chara's reach for the time being.

Sending her to Papyrus was the only way for her to remain out of harms way in this situation.
"Papyrus can't defend himself?" Psh, Papyrus joined the Mafia, he's just a little too innocent sometimes.
He can snipe anyone, and his hand-to-hand combat is excellent.

If anything, he'll protect her.

Though I suppose I was a little rough on her at first.
She can get over it.

Walking faster and faster, I eventually turn to the room with a door painted in a dark brown, darker than the walls and the floor, almost black it's shade is so opaque.

It was labeled 'security room' and required the scan of an IF and a four digit code that was found on the underside of the doorknob, it was hard to spot due to its size.

You need a pencil for this stupid thing. My fingers can barely fit!

I type in the numbers '0307', a common numerical password that was found in a lot of four digit passcodes that were created on Asgore's part.

I quickly scan my ID, showing that I was a valid member of the Mafia, and opened the door handle quickly, entering the dark room full of monitors and screen recorders. The computers showed every corner of the building, and multiple other buildings as well, seeing how this was the main security control room. There were several others dispersed in the other Sections, however, this was the largest one.

I quickly sat down at the nearest black, swivel chair, and squinted at the brightness of the screens, typing fast and messily. I quickly typed in the password to allow myself to get into the security footage from a past event and rewinded it from when I put Chara into the cell. Jumping from different monitors, I followed the figures with the sped of version of the speed of the rewind, missing a few details in doing so.

However, there was just one thing.
She was never there to begin with.

I don't understand! I saw her with my own two sockets. Unless...

I rewinded it some more, slower this time so I could get a clear view of just what happened between me and her.
"What the..." I said, with a confused expression on my face. "How is this..." I trailed off, rewinding and rewinding, not believing what I was seeing in the first place.

Rewinding it once more, and becoming more and more confused, I gazed that the recorded footage. The real footage. I walked Chara down the hall, just as I remembered, looking onto another screen, I would see me and her talking, and her laughing as well.
However, I started to act funny, weird— you could call it. I just stood there, and Chara, as if they were never there, put her arms out in front of her with a smile, holding a finger to her lips to make a 'shhing' noise.

She grinned, eyeing the camera its a smirk of satisfaction, and walked over to it, giggling and pulling out yet another knife from her buttoned up sleeve. Her clothes still matched Frisk's and her shoulder had that same blood spot on it from where I shot her.

Wait- I don't understand. I remember putting her into the Cell. I don't remember any of this!
Or maybe it does...

She whispered something inaudible into my skull as I stood there in a trance, and she looked back at the security camera, blowing the heavy bangs out of her face to show her reddened eyes in the darkness of her hair. She really was criminally insane. Only then, did I eventually start moving after some time. She was back inside the cuffs, and I lead her into the cells, not quite remembering all of this either.
I hazily walked over and shut the cell doors, unblinking and unwavering as I slammed it with inmonster strength. It was human strength.

That trance that I went through when I had first arrived with her to get Frisk back. This is almost like it, except she didn't try and kill me.
God, I hated this! How could I let her slip under my skin like this?! Right under my nose?!

I boiled with anger. How could she do this to me?

After closing the cell door harshly, the camera glitched, slightly, some camera feedback, I glared at her for some time, before walking back swiftly towards the room where Alphys and Frisk were, seemingly out of the trance for now.

I couldn't understand. How do I know if I haven't done this before?! This isn't adding up! I hated it!

I clenched my fists and slammed them down onto the table as I continued watching the cameras, speeding forward to find out where she might have gotten down.

It's nice to know she didn't just leave, but why? Why do this? What is apart of her master plan now?

I click forward, and the computer screen game come feedback again, more suddenly this time than the last. The computers were old, but not that old.

It seems like the world is always against me when ever I need to do something quickly.

"WORK DAMN IT!" I yelled at the box of junk I called a computer. I clenched my fists some more and sat there, trying to say calm, trying not to worry.

I just need to make sure everyone is okay. I just need to make sure no one will get hurt. I can't let her roaming around freely on the HeadQuarters. She's dangerous!

The computers flashed once, and arrived at a black screen, causing the tiny room to become pitch black in a matter of seconds. I couldn't even see my own fingers in front of me.

Why now? This can't be a power outage. I can see the lights from the hallway under the door reflecting from the computer screen.

I stood pump with a sigh of anger, and walked angrily towards the door, reaching for the handle swiftly.
Before I could turn it, the computer clicked on, hearing the fan come on, and the hardware booting up.

Yes yes!

The computer screen flashed a message across the top, in jumbled letters and sloppy code,

'Y o u  h a v e  f i g u r e d  o u t  t h i s  r i d d l e ,
S a n s   t h e   s k e l e t o n'

My eyes widened

'N o w  t h a t  y o u  h a v e,  w I l l  y o u  b e
t o o  l a t e?'

Too late for what?!

'I HAVE HER SANS.'

'YOULL NEVER HAVE HER AGAIN. THAT DIRTY LIAR IS MINE—'

Frisk!!

I ran out of the room, sprinting as fast as I could, trying to teleport.

AHHHhhHH! My thoughts bellowed inside of my brain as my soul tried to rip itself apart. I had used all I could today.

DAMNIT! DON'T YOU DARE DIE!
DONT YOU DARE FUCKING DIE FRISK!