CHAPTER 82: Her only desire

0SpotTheOcelot0  has found out the 0307 riddle! It's Frisk's birthday from the wanted poster. Asgore used this passcode quite a bit!
And thanks -DrawingTrash- for making this beautiful fanart!

WOW ITS BEEN A WHILE. Winter break has got me super lazy. And I'm going to New York for my sweet 16!! :D

Frisk POV:

"Breaking news!" The TV blared as it roared to life. "Overnight it has seemed that the largest mafia in the country— if not in the world— has fallen." The reporter said, shuffling his papers throughly. He cleared his throat and looked at the camera. "C. H. E. S. S. has been tall and standing by the mob boss Alex for years, and for him to come to a fall so quickly is unlike him." He said. "It seems that Alex was murdered last night, along with the mass murder of hundreds of people inside at the time. A sole survivor speaks about the masked assailant."

The TV switched over to what seemed like a woman, her face blurred, for security protection. "I know the Mafia stuff is dangerous." She talked in a New Yorker accent. "But, it was nothin' compared to this. This chick was a monsta'! An absolute monsta'!" She spoke. "She had Beaty red eyes, and she was fast. Like.. like a one man ārmy." She said. "Nothin' scæred me like this. And I don't scare easily. She looked at me.. and smiled. She laughed. I hate her. Frisk ruined mah life."

The interview cut off as the girl began to cry. Her tanned skinned hands went up to her face, revealing her clean fingernails. I didn't recognize her voice at all. She must have been a new recruit or worked in another ward.

How did she know my name? Did Chara really say that she was me? I need to see her face in order to recognize her.

"Police say with this assailant on the loose, Mafias around may want to increase security. With someone like this, Mafias everywhere could come to a fall." He said. "Survivors say her name was Frisk, a fellow member of
C. H. E. S. S. operations. A wanted picture will be posted by police once the sketch is finished. If you see her, please dial 911 and run away as fast as you can."

My eyes widened.

I'm wanted now?? I'm...
it wasn't me! It wasn't me! I'm right here!

"It wasn't me.." I whisper as Sans turned off the TV to prevent me from hearing anymore. "I'm right here. I didn't do it!"

"Damn—" sans said, trying to sit up. "I'm gonna kill her." He said, loosening the needles in his soul.

"S-sans lay back down! Y-you need to rest!" Alphys stuttered. "Frisk, w-we have to let Asgore know so y-you can at least walk around t-the town!"

"Get these things outta me-" he tried to say sternly to the quivering Alphys.

"Sans it's fine." I said, feeling the anger wanting to boil through my veins at the mess Chara had created for me. "Lay down. I'm going to get some rest." I said, heading to the guest bedroom in their house I had used to stay in when I was younger. "Alphys. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid."

I saw her nod in the corner of my eye and turned my head towards the wall clock near the kitchen. The clock read around 3 o'clock in the afternoon. Papyrus should be talking with Mettaton by now, Mettaton usually held the role of spreading campaigns and news around the community.

Damn. I should have waited so I could have known that my picture was going to be on national television. I could have told Papyrus to tell Mettaton to dismiss the threat.

There was nothing that could be done about it now. I sighed, cursing myself that I was screwing up my sleeping schedule by getting "rest". I had stayed up practically all night with Alphys, helping her get Sans back into shape and keeping him stable.

Although there wasn't much I could do. She did the most— if not all of it. I guess I was just support for Papyrus, and myself.

I walk towards the guest door, glancing at the same place where I stashed the note that had been directed to me when I arrived at the apartment yesterday.

C. H. E. S. S. was the first Mafia on that list too. I don't want to jump the gun on it quite yet, but if I remember correctly, MMO was on there too. Why would she give me the order? Is it in order?

I'll wait a few more days to see if she really gave me the order of their falls. A lot of people could be in serious danger. If it's true, I'll act upon it myself.

Closing the door behind me, I remember the faint smell of myself when I was younger. The room was dusty, as if no one had been in here for a long time. Not even Papyrus cleaned here, which was surprising. My sheets and walls were different, however. It was probably Dad's doing to change it so no questions would arise.

That's fine too. I was getting too old for pink anyways.

Instead of pink and a periwinkle, they were brown, and the walls were gray. A wooden floor and a dark wooden headboard and dresser. It looked completely different.

I jump belly-first onto the bed and grab one of the white pillows and bury my face into it, exhausted from the night. Pulling an all nighter wasn't very easy anymore. I remember pulling them with Mettaton, Alphys and Sans all the time, just staying up and doing random things.
Papyrus would always have to go to bed, along with Undyne.

But it seems like Sans can stay up all night despite how tired he always is.

I chuckled a little at the fond memories I had once regained. Multiple small moments that had happened made me smile and warm in the inside. It scared me my closest friend almost died last night.

That's why I have to stop her alone. He may be a good fighter, but one hit and he's down for good.

I took out my brand new phone, flipping it open and scrolling through the contacts with the small buttons. I thought about what Sans said about the tracker inside of it.

Oh well. It's not like I'll ever need to use it anyways. Because Chara is too unpredictable to give me the order of the targeted Mafias.

She's too unpredictable.

I placed my phone on the dark oak nightstand next to the bed and curled up, not bothering to take off my shoes or get under the covers. All I wanted was to curl up and take a nap for a while.

All I wanted was to escape for a while from this nightmare.

I hated the fact that that was my only desire.