CHAPTER 28: Memory loss

Sans POV:

Walking back into Alphys' lab, I could hear the faint sounds of Anime being played from upstairs where she usually liked to sleep, instead of her Quarters.

Despite the loud anime coming from her open room, my echoing footsteps could still be heard as I walked down the hallway on the first floor.

The anime stopped abruptly as I continued walking, giving a clear indication that I was here, and some rustling soon after.

I smirked to myself as I heard the quick barefooted dinosaur run down the stairs quickly.

I continued walking.

"S-Sans! Y-your back!" She called from the end of the hallway, her shrill voice echoing through my ears.

"Yep." I grunted tiredly. She continued to run after me until she caught up next to me.
She was wearing her normal Mafia attire, like she was supposed to, rather than her white lab coat.

She was wearing a long-sleeved red, button down shirt, with a brown vest and brown pants.
Though she wasn't wearing shoes, she was so short and, well, round, you couldn't hardly tell unless she was running across the the floor.

She says shoes hurt her claws.

"Y-you reek of s-smoke!" She held her nose in disgust as she caught up to me. "D-didn't you say y-you'd stop?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I casually said. She let out a frustrated sigh.

"Y-You, Papyrus, A-Asgore, and Undyne a-all have that n-n-nasty habit. I-it can be very damaging t-to your b-bodies!" She explained.

She continued to rant on and on about cigarettes and what-nots, I wasn't really paying attention.
I turned the corner and headed into the room and Frisk was sleeping in.

"S-Sans! Are y-you even listening t-to me-" she exclaimed once I turned into the room.

"Where's Frisk?" I abruptly stopped her speech for a question that did not need to be asked.

"I-I moved her." Alphys said, sheepishly. "It was d-dusty in h-here, a-and probably very
u-uncomfortable for h-her to sleep there." She shuffled around.

"That still doesn't answer my question." I said, turning fully towards the quivering dinosaur.

"Oh! R-right!" She jumped up to attention.
"T-this way."

Proceeding to follow her quick footsteps, we trekked deeper into the lab hallway and into another large room, similar to the old lab in the Underground.

I could hear the echoing heart monitor from a mile away. She had to be close.

It had nine beds arranged in the center of the room, as familiar as ever.

And low n' behold, slept Frisk, in the bed closest to the doorway we stood in.

She was hooked up with an IV, the needle picturing her arm steadily, and an oxygen mask over her face, probably from the dusty environment when she's in such a state.

The covers on the bed were pulled up to her neck, and the only body parts sticking out were her arms and her head.

On the other side, a heart monitor beeped at a calm, constant rate, and an array of medical supplies and glassware for probably when she wakes up.

"S-she's right here." Alphys concluded, pointing ahead of me. "I-I thought I left h-her sheets a-at her feet.." she mumbled.

I had my hands shoved into my pockets lazily, and my posture was slacking dramatically, but it was comfortable. More comfortable than my posture in combat.