CHAPTER 76: Right here

Sorry about the little wait. I've been tired and just in a creativity hole. TBH, I am still in it. I painted for a while rather than writing, I admit, but I ringed out the towel and squeezed some creativity out.

——

??? POV:

If this goes all according to plan, I will succeed.
I will win, and they will fall.

It's inevitable.

I will have the perfect vessel. I will become the perfect human.

——

Sans POV:

Leaving the apartment complex, I was able to take a breather for a second and let my soul rest from the stress I have been putting on it for the past few days. It felt heavy and full of sadness, holding it in my palm, I could see the color fading, meaning I was running out of magic, and small cracks running down the center from the jumps I have been doing throughout the day.

Stupid 1 HP. Stupid messed up magic.
Why couldn't my magic be like Papyrus'? Why can't I have the power to protect him?

I quickly shook off the thought and put my
small soul back into the center of my chest with a small sigh of frustration. I'd have to refrain from using magic until my soul could heal. I couldn't allow myself to die when Chara was running around the HeadQuarters. I lit a cigar, inhaling the thick, dusted smoke with relief, and an exhale of a half-lidded sigh.

A slight, autumn breeze went by, causing the tops of the tall pine trees to blow in the direction of it. The morning breeze blew my loose, rolled up sleeves to the side, and my fallen suspends hung low around my lower femur. I looked up at the now dulled, grey sky. It was so monochromatic from the radiation and torture the humans caused it. It was kinda sad, to be honest.

We get here to see the beautiful skies and white clouds, but they, having being used to it, ruined its color trying to get rid of us.
Trying to wipe out a species.

Down the street from the apartment lobby I was propped up against, coming out of Muffet's bakery, I could see a dejected looking Papyrus walk out with heavy arms. His head hung slightly low and his eyes were locked on his feet. He began to walk more towards the food restaurants and stores at a rather slow pace. He was quite far down there, he was about the size of my finger, if I held it away from my face and squinted, closing one eye.

I should probably go see if he's okay. He's probably sad I left him hanging back there. It was a dick move but I really needed to go.

Im glad he's okay. That monster dust in the lobby really scared me. I thought he was gone. Chars has played that trick on me twice now, my biggest fear. Losing Papyrus.
I hated that feeling. That thought.

I need to report to Asgore that a few monsters were dusted today. I'm not sure how exactly I will tell him. 'Oh yeah, a mass murder is on the loose in HeadQuarters. Sorry about that.'

I inhaled the cigarette once more, a big inhale, when a slight twinge in my soul could be felt. It caused me to turn around to face towards the entrance doors to the Lobby of the apartments. "What?" I mumbled, slightly confused.
I didn't know what it was trying to tell me, but I just ignored it and shook my head once more, putting out the cigarette by stomping it out; smudging the sidewalk with a blackened streak.

Stepping towards the direction I last saw Papyrus, my soul throbbed once more, more painful this time. Holding my chest, I heaved, inhaling sharply and uncomfortably.