CHAPTER 59: She ran

Started Marching Band.
The chapters will be more dispersed than they already were.

Enjoy.

"She hasn't switched back to her normal persona yet."

"It's been 4 weeks. When is this personality going to give us a break?"

"I'm not sure. But it's not healthy if the real Frisk doesn't come out soon. We'll have to teach her to fight aswell."

"Teaching an 8 year-old to fight? Wouldn't that be hard?"

"Usually, however, she won't have her memories, so we could add in white lies to boost her ... determination to fight."

"I see. What do we tell her and what does she know?"

"She will probably remember her name. That's engraved into a person's memory since the day they were born. But if she doesn't, it'll be best if we just name her Frisk so the other persona doesn't confuse other people."

"So, the other members won't know of this experiment?"

"The story will be that we have raised a traumatized kid that came from the streets of the worst part of the city."

"How do we give her the trauma?"

"She's 8. She'll believe anything we say."

——
Sans POV

"Here we are, toots. Home sweet bar." I said as I opened up the double doors with a wide swing.

As I called her one of the many nicknames I had grown to dismiss her as, I heard a low growl from behind me. "What's the matter? You said you wanted to eat here." I chuckled, looking behind me slightly, continuing to walk forward.

"Quit calling me that." She snapped, as she let the doors swing shut by themselves. "It's annoying."

"Someone's hungry." I chuckled in amusement, waving to Grillby with the same plastered smile on my skull. "Heya Grillbs. One order of grub for the kid and the usual for me." I said across the bar.

Hearing my voice, the other monsters inside turned at the door and sent a hearty welcome as usual, full of 'hey sans!' And 'heya sansy~' and the same old brunch joke I usually told.

It seems that they were all too drunk to remember what happened a few weeks ago. Let's hope Doggo's team isn't here today.

Seating myself in my regular seat I waved over Frisk to sit beside me at the bar, where she sat last time during the fight.

She came over and propped herself up on barstool, putting her arms in a crossed position and laying on them in an angrily way.
"This place is annoying." She said, clearly annoyed by the loudness of the bar.

"You're the one who wanted to be here. I'm not sure why, after what happened." I said, slightly lowering my voice to the second part.

Her muscles even didn't stiffen, but there was a moment of a pause in the conversation. She thought about her answer for a bit, narrowing her eyes and squishing her checks against her arms. "They have good burgers here." She said.

She then removed her arms from the bar, only allowing her face to make contact with the wood, and let her arms drop in a bored manner.

"Could ya look any more miserable?" I said, chuckling slightly at her nature. "Usually you're a bit more... perky?" I said, cocking my head, searching for the right word.

"Is that so.?" She hummed, as her head perked up suddenly when Grillby came out with the grub.

She's acting different.

"I'm just tired." She grinned wildly, before taking a bite of her burger rather quickly.
I watched her eat her food, ignoring the knowing looks of Grillby in front of me.

I had that look on my face. Just that look in my eye sockets that I knew something was up, but I didn't know what.
It was that look that Grillby knew all too well after I woke up from my coma those many years ago.

I looked over at him and gave him a reassuring glance. "The kid's just tired. She's had a long day." I said to him, glancing at her red eyes of approval.

"Alright Grillby, you can put this on my tab." I said, hitting the wooden bar as I hopped off of my seat.

Frisk had finished her burger with a sigh and jumped off as well and looked around for something. "No one came to try to fight me today." She mumbled.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I said, chuckling again.

"You laugh too much." She said, walking in front of me and towards the glass doors that lead into the cafeteria.

"You think so? I don't think I tell jokes enough." I said in response, the memory of asking that question gradually slipping from my memory.

I shoved my hands into my pockets and followed her out of the bar, only to stop when she did. "Well?" She said. "Where are we going next? There's nothing to do around here."

I was taken aback by her statement, knowing what we had done earlier today and how much she enjoyed it.

"Well, you said you were tired." I said, turning away from her to think for a moment. "We could go back to the apartment." I said, scratching the back of my neck to think more.

I really haven't gone on a task in a while. I wonder when Asgore will let me- that's right! Asgore! I have all of these questions to ask him!

"On second thought, Frisk, we-" I turned around, speaking to what had just been Frisk, but now an empty space of air in the place she had stood.

I looked around for a second, surprised and somewhat startled that she had disappeared. It took my mind a second, but it eventually hit me.

She ran.

"FUCK!" I yelled loudly, whipping around swiftly to at least graze over her clothes or hair.

Nothing.

I threw my hands up to my skull, rubbing it to comfort myself.
Only the hundreds of monsters who were strolling around the cafeteria in want of food. Not even a sign of someone running.

"Hey!" I yelled, grabbing a monster by his shirt collar who happened to be passing by. "Have you seen a human anywhere around here?!" I glared him down in the eyes, he was cowering in fear.

"L-Listen man! I don't know what you're talking about!" He put his hands up, clearly intimidated by my presence.

This isn't the atmosphere I was trying to set.
Trying to keep my anger under control is hard enough as is.

I let the poor monster go, and he fled off towards Muffets' in a hurry.

"Damn it!" I yelled, looking around once more.
My non-existent heart was pounding out of my chest.

What am I going to do?

No need to worry so much. . .
She's cured.

She won't hurt anyone.