CHAPTER 87: the last time

Frisk POV:

Everything was working out the way I wanted it to. It was terrifying.

I was beyond scared at what I was thinking about doing. About what I was really going to do.

To protect them. To protect what's left of monster kind. To protect what's left of my friends.

Even if they don't know they're my friends.

Was I really going to scare the hell out of Sans and Papyrus, but also risk my life for them in the process? Yes. I would do anything for those skeleton brothers. Especially sans. Who was my best friend. Only. That's it.

My soul twinged a hit at the thought. He's been so good to me. The act of calling him my best friend now grew to be a small tug inside my soul somewhere. A new, unwanted feeling that was surging inside.

Feeling is bad. It's unwanted. Alex taught you that. Just think of him. Think of what he did to him.

I could shake off the thought by then. Hopefully.

After I had dragged sans out of the room, Mettaton had left, much to Papyrus' disappointment and Sans had to take a call over his very obnoxious ringtone for a phone.

Honestly it was very catchy. I'm going to have it stuck in my head for a while, aren't I?

There were a few pauses and inaudible dialogue between Sans and the unknown speaker, however, he mumbled something to Papyrus while looking at me occasionally.

Papyrus took Sans and huddled close, as if if weren't standing right behind them. They were surprisingly quiet and discreet about it though, which I could respect.

Papyrus left with Sans, much to Sans' reluctance to leave me alone. Papyrus had to practically drag him out of the room in order to go wherever they needed to go. With much shouting and lifting on Papyrus' part.

I couldn't hear him grunt and heave him doesn't he hallway like I would have liked, much to my entertainment, because Papyrus shut the door behind him after dragging Sans into the hallway. The soundproof walls made it almost impossible to hear. I could hear nothing because I wasn't standing code to the door.

I stayed where I was in silence.

I was now alone.

When the door closed, I jumped at the opportunity to go to the note. I remembered exactly where I put it and bent down where it was hidden.

Withdrawing the card from its place, I could see the white card had some dust on it from not being touched in two days, the slight bit of dust from where Papyrus could not clean. That's the main reason why I picked this spot. So I could hide it without Papyrus finding it while cleaning.

I did not want to betray the skeleton brothers. They have done so much for me. However, this was the only way I knew how to protect them. I couldn't let Chara reach this place before the entire list was eliminated. I glanced at the clock before looking at the note. It was well past noon. Nearing late afternoon, I could guess. It was hard to tell while you were underground.

Let's say Crypt does fall tonight. That leaves CCC and then the strike on MMO. If I go to CCC before tomorrow night, then I might catch her before the attack.

I swallowed hard for the next thought. It was hard to comprehend even thinking about it. I didn't know if I was going to have the courage to do it in the actual process.

I'm going to have to kill her.

There's no other way.

I hate that she's making me do this. She leaves me no other choice. I don't want to see my family die. My friends die. The only resolution I can think of is killing her if no cell can hold her.

I sighed, my exhale hitched a bit at another thought that was able to squeeze itself between me and killing her. Beaten me and telling someone of this plan.

Sans was talking about LV.. how much she's gained from those missions alone.
By tonight she will wipeout 3 entire mafias and everyone working in them.

Imagine the Level of violence she's on right now.

I shook my head. No. I can't back out. I'd just be a coward and unable to protect the ones I love. That's what I fear most. Not being able to protect them.

I'll either walk there or "borrow" one of the loaned cars from the MMO. I'm sure Asgore wouldn't mind. Mom wouldn't mind either.

Actually, come to think about it, taking a car would cause attention. People could see my face and report it to the police. It's better if I lie low for now.
CCC is a little ways away from here. If I just take a shortcut to Smithtown and through the woods, I could probably be there on time to just make it to the first attack on the mafia.

I nodded my head, gathering what little plan I had in my mind at that moment. It wasn't much, but it was a plan.

I ran back into my room, which had my cell phone and coat on the chair and nightstand inside. I put on my coat swiftly, and tucked my small flip phone into my pocket.

On my way out of the room, I threw the note given to me by Chara into the small trash can by the door. Nothing else was in it, just the single white card that had my name on it. I closed the door with a painful, long squeak of the hinges.

I huffed, looking around and stuffing some cans I had found in the cabinet into a bag for some food supplies. I did not know when I would return.

If I would return.

I found a stack of napkins and a sharpie in a lone drawer. I proceeded to leave a note, so that they would not worry too much about me. Hopefully they would not try to come and find me.

It was hard to write due to the immense bleeding that the sharpie did onto the napkin, and I was careful not to get the ink on the wooden coffee table:

"Sans and Papyrus,"
"You both have been so kind to me. I could never truly repay you for that. I feel in debt to you both after such kindness given to a ... stranger."
"I hope wherever you two may go in life is great. But not as great as the Great Papyrus. I loved living with you both for the short amount of time I did. But I'm sorry I had to go."
"I just take care of something that will keep you all safe and I don't know if I will be returning. So this is goodbye."

Placing the 3 napkins on the coffee table, I looked around the apartment one last time.

I smiled, and opened the door, heading towards the exit.

Little did I know—

That this was the last time I would see this apartment.