CHAPTER 45: Forwards

Psst psst You might wanna be doing some thinking from Chapter 2 on this one. ;)

"I'll lead another search party for frisk. It'll be my usual squad."

"Alright. If you take around 5th Avenue, Undyne's squad will take Cedar Street and the Streets around it."
"Have your guns ready. There has been some recent activity of C. H. E. S. S. gunfire."

"Understood. and about the target?"

"Find Frisk by all means. Don't hesitate to take a few lives along the way."

"Yes sir."

"Sans."
"I don't care about the alliance between us anymore. If they are behind this, cut every solider down to get her back."

"..Yes sir."

Sans POV:

Waking up to see Frisk completely zoned out was a little rattling among my behalf, but before I could get some answers as to what she had experienced at that moment, she closed the door and ran off.

This lead me to jump out of my bed, and take a short cut to the door, opening it with a wide swing.

This caught Frisk off guard, it seemed, and she jumped slightly, turning around swiftly to make sure there wasn't an intruder.

"No. Not nothing." I grumbled.

Her soul is weak. I need to help her see the good side of us. Maybe it'll heal her soul and eventually her lifespan will lengthen.
With her lifespan lengthening, as will mine.

"What?" She spoke, not seeming to be able to look me in the eyes.

Her complexion has changed dramatically from when we first met. Is this the work of a broken soul? Or was that .. her other side?

"Nothing?! That's bullshit!" I seemed to raise my voice slightly, which was uncharacteristic for me. "You were zoned out for at least a good 7 minutes!"

"Oh. That." She spoke softly. "It was nothing." Her voice was monotonous and quiet.

What did these people do to her in the 2 weeks she was gone?
At least she's speaking. She couldn't even move a muscle when we saved her. One day has passed my already with a night's stay in the infirmary, and she's already getting better.

Maybe if we can cure her then Asgore and tell me what he's planning to do to her.

"If it was nothing, then why don't you tell me about it?" I said, crossing my arms. "If it was nothing, you wouldn't have a problem now, would you?"

"If anything is none of your business." She snapped, her breathing hitching slightly. She then relaxed her shoulders and spoke once more in a calm manner. "I would appreciate it if I didn't have to talk about it." She begin to turn around to sit on the couch when I spoke.

"It'll damage your soul even further, keeping it all inside like that." I said calmly. She stopped in her tracks, trembling slightly. "I know from experience." I walked towards her. "We both know it hurts worse if you keep it inside like that."

She said nothing, and stood there, her back facing towards me. I put my hand on her shoulder as a consoling method and continued to speak.

"You don't have to. But just keep that in mind." I patted her shoulder, walking past her and sitting myself down onto the couch. I looked towards the television that we managed to bring from the underground and turned on the TV, not looking at her.

It was seemed like I didn't care, I could sense the attachment that I would get ahold of her if I went ahead any further, but I couldn't help but glance up at her.

Just to make sure she's okay.

She still remained silent, she remained stiff and ready to move. Her bangs covered her eyes, which were closed tight.

"Why?" She spoke, almost as if she was holding back the tears. "Why do I feel all of these things?" She trembled.

"Because you're human." I said, taking my attention off of the dancing robot on the television.

"But I'm not supposed to feel like this! That's what-" she choked.

"What C. H. E. S. S. said?" I interrupted her, still sitting on the couch diagonally from her. "Toots, all they do is lie."

She didn't say anything in return. How could she? She just learned she was used as a tool her entire life.

How did she not realize her poisonous relationship with C. H. E. S. S.? Anyone can tell eventually. Did they cover it that well?

"Don't worry kid, they'll get what's coming for them, eventually. It's called karma, or my preferred word, judgement." I chuckled a bit.

"Get what's coming for them?"

"We'll get them back. They hurt Tori after all. Asgore ain't gonna let that slide." I sighed, letting out yet another chuckle.

She stood there for a second,

"I want to join the MMO." She said, suddenly, looking down at me with golden eyes. Eyes that held determination.

"What?" I said, take aback from her abrupt statement out of the blue.

"You said that you'd get them back. So, I want to join." She said softly.

What the Hell is she thinking?! Mafia of Monsters?? It's not the Mafia is Monsters and humans!

"I-I don't have that authority!" I said, still surprised.

She was just trying to kill us a few weeks ago! What has changed her mind?? C. H. E. S. S. treating her like trash?

Then take me to someone with the authority." She said, stepping closer to me with determined eyes.

I can't have her join! She'll be my responsibility! I don't have time for this.

"I can't do that!" I said, backing up against the couch.

"Didn't you say you would get back at them?" She said, sitting on the couch. "You could use a soldier like me and We both know it. Let me join, Sans."

There was a moment of silence between us in the quiet apartment. She looked at me eagerly and I looked to the floor, debating my answer.

I can accept her into the Mafia. I have the authority from Asgore from being an elite. But if I do, then she'll be my responsibility.

It's not like she won't be my responsibility at this rate. Asgore has already got me 'protecting' her. Why pick one of his strongest members to guard a girl?

"Fine. I'll see what I can do." I lied, knowing once I said anything other than no, she would be in the Mafia.

"Thank you." She cried softly, grabbing me and pulling me into a hug.

My breathing hitched a bit and I stiffened at the sudden contact of touch. But I just relaxed cans gave her a hug back.
What could go wrong?

She broke out of it and a tear made its way down from her eyes.
I'm not one for hugs, but I'll let this one slide.

"SANS! I'M HOME!" Papyrus called, opening the door. "HUAMAN! DID-" papyrus stopped in his tracks and gasped loudly, grinning into a tease. "SANS! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!"

Oh goodness..

"YOU'RE WATCHING MTT LIVE?! SINCE WHEN?!" He yelled, pointing at the TV that I wasn't paying attention to.

"I dunno bro." I shrugged, facing towards the TV, rolling my eyes a bit, smiling.

"AND HUMAN?! WHY ARE YOU LEAKING?!" She shouted, running over to Frisk frantically.

"It's nothing, Papyrus." She spoke softly as another tear fell from her eyes. "I'm just really really happy." She said, a huge grin making its way onto her face.

Please remember the last part of this chapter well. You're gonna laugh later in the book if ya do. XD