CHAPTER 23: Suspicious

Sans POV:

A few days went by after the incident of Frisk 'escaping' the hospital.

This kid is going to be the end of me..

She has stayed in the cellar for just about a week now, with only a few hours after waking up, she falls back asleep.

She was sleeping so often, I had begun to think I had rubbed off on her. I chuckled.

She had become so overwhelmingly pale that I thought she put Albinos to shame.

I had brung this concern to Asgore, seeing how it was a problem since she was not getting the proper nourishment a human should have. Whenever I would go down there with food for her or water, she'd be asleep.

Asgore brushed off the matter, saying I wasn't going in there often enough and hired a few guards to be stationed outside of her cell to observe her irregular schedule in case I wasn't there.

But it wasn't as irregular as it seemed, according to the guards.

She'd would awake only a few minutes in the middle of the night, 3 am to be exact, dazed and out of her mind.
Sometimes, they said, she would giggle constantly and mutter incoherent words that the guards couldn't make out very well.

They feared her. Maybe that was her plan? She had been trying to get out, despite how we ...mostly ... welcomed her.

Finally, Asgore sent me down one night at 3 in the morning to see it for myself, much to my enjoyment, to see weather it was her dazed self or her sane one.

When I had gone down there, she was asleep. Nothing out of the usual for her pattern here. She wasn't anything like how the guards said.

But there was something unusual, something only someone with an observant eye could see in the dimness of the room.

From where I was standing outside of the cell door, I had seen a small dribble of a crimson substance that had dried at the corner of her mouth. It looked like it had been wiped away, as I could see a few dots at the jaw bone.

Of course, I opened the cell door and checked her vital signs, which were fairly low, but she was breathing.

The next thing I had noticed was the slight discoloration of the pink blanket, such a discoloration that you could only tell if you got close to it, being next to Frisk.

I traced the dried outline with my finger, revealing a splattered, red stain.

We had all figured it was the intense medication she was on from the nurse, who had still yet to give us a clear reason why the medication was needed to be taken in the first place since her wounds were almost healed, but I was starting to suspect her work here.

Frisk appeared to be getting sicker, unlike what this Nurse said about how she should be getting better. She said it was because of her environment, but Alphys said that shouldn't be the cause.

I'll have to ask her a few questions later.

If Anything, Alphys is contradicting a lot of what she says. Which, I couldn't tell if that was good or bad. I trusted Alphys more than her anyways.

Hell, I'd trust info from C. H. E. S. S. More than that stupid rabbit.

Now I was standing outside of the cell door, propped up and leaning against it with one foot flat against the floor, and the other flat against the door. My arms were crossed, and my face told people not to mess with me at the moment.

I was waiting for her. I needed to know what types of medication she's using.

If it is what I'm thinking, then why would she want to kill our only information source?
They can't be enemies... they've never seen each other before..

Could she? She practically shakes in her presence. She's just like Alphys!

I shake my head. No. I can't say that before not ruling out that she's the prime suspect.

As I gently tap my toe against the floor constantly, her figure coming into view.

When I had first seen her on the first day, she was carrying a bandage, an IV packet, and some bottle of some sort in her arms.
But now, it was a tray of arranged items, probably from her worsening state.

She had her eyes locked on the ground, and her face was stern, she was probably hoping not to Trip and spill the assorted medications and supplies.

Once she was a few feet away from me, her head looked up, that small glint of hatred was suddenly erased and she looked like the coward she usually was when it came to everyone in the Mafia.

"O-Oh! Sans! You're here." She stuttered, covering the tray a bit.
"U-Usually the guards let me I-in so-" she fiddled with something in her sleeve a bit before instantly returning to the silver tray of medical supplies.

"The guards are stationed inside. How do they let ya in?" I asked.

"I just knock. They come and s-see it's me. And t-they let me in." She said.

"I see." I said, hiding my suspicious gazes. "Whatcha got there?" I asked, gesturing to the medical tray.

"O-Oh! Just some medical supplies for frisk. I think she may have a human disease. I-I don't have very much knowledge on them, so it's bit hard." Her ear twitched, along with her smile.

"Then you won't mind if I take a look?" I said, casually reaching for the tray.

"U-uh" She stuttered. She couldn't pull away or she'd immediately be suspected. So, with hesitation, she stood still and let me examine her tray.

In the tray, arranged neatly, was an arrangement of different medical supplies including: Another IV with not-so-clear liquid, some medication that did not have the bottle, They were just the pills, a stethoscope, a wet cloth, and an extra pink blanket from the hospital In her arms.

Narrowing my eyes, I caught a glimpse of a glint in the light. Something shiny in the blanket.

I shifted my eyes back to the blanket and reached for the metal object, revealing a filled syringe, to the nurses dismay.

"I-I can explain that.." she said wearily.

"You got 10 seconds."

"I need to inject this vaccine into her to make sure she doesn't get any other human diseases in that prison cell of hers." She began. "And the blanket is because the other one might be dirty. The wet cloth is for her forehead. She had a fever last time I went into the cell. The medication is for the pain and her aching bones. And the stethoscope is to check her vitals.. and that's the IV." She said, pointing to each object with difficulty.

I eyed her in suspicion, she's got an explanation for everything.

I'll have to run some human diseases by Alphys to make sure she's telling the truth.

"Carry on." I said, pushing myself off towards ALphys' lab.

I heard a faint sigh and the creaking of metal doors opening.

Not once did I hear a knock.